US Forces banned from London - So much for no retreat Mr Bush

US Forces (Un-)banned from London

EDIT : The BBC have edited and extended this article considerably from what they initially posted which was fairly raw.

London ban for US service staff

Thousands of US military personnel based in the UK have been banned from travelling to London in the wake of Thursday's bomb attacks.

"The order was made in a battle staff directive from our wing commander."

She added personnel - most of them from US Air Force units based at UK airfields - would not be allowed to go within the M25 orbital motorway.

--------------------------

Details of the travel ban, enforced on Friday, emerged as US President George W Bush said the US would "not retreat in the face of terrorists" .

He said: "In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you."

EDIT : To remove facetious comment which though funny, is no longer relevant after the BBC edited their article

Full Article : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4673987.stm

Last edited:
you are stupid
their CO's told them not to go to london so they won't die if any more bombings occur
they aren't retreating. they are playing it safe.

LoL

If i was in charge of the US men in UK i would of done same thing, lock down to ensure safety of personell, your an idiot for thinking this had anything to do with retreating or reassuring UK. UK personell in america would of done same thing if situation was reversed.

Jacabo said:
you are stupid
their CO's told them not to go to london so they won't die if any more bombings occur
they aren't retreating. they are playing it safe.

I may well be stupid, but I still enjoy a little irony :) . The statement from Mr B read :
"In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you."
Not
"In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you, as long as you don't stand within the M25."
His timing and wording impeccable as always.

Vialls2 said:
I may well be stupid, but I still enjoy a little irony :) . The statement from Mr B read :
"In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you."
Not
"In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you, as long as you don't stand within the M25."
keep on diggin', sonny.

Vialls2 said:
Not
We are standing with the people of Britain... just not the people of London. Oxford, Wales, they know we've got their back.

Vialls2 said:
London ban for US service staff

Thousands of US military personnel based in the UK have been banned from travelling to London in the wake of Thursday's bomb attacks.

"The order was made in a battle staff directive from our wing commander."

She added personnel - most of them from US Air Force units based at UK airfields - would not be allowed to go within the M25 orbital motorway.

--------------------------

Details of the travel ban, enforced on Friday, emerged as US President George W Bush said the US would "not retreat in the face of terrorists" .

He said: "In this difficult hour, the people of Great Britain can know the American people stand with you."

Well I'm reassured :huh: . How about you?

Full Article : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4673987.stm

You are a fucking moron. This is a common order during terrorist activities. I lived in Germany during the late 80s and there were always orders to not go downtown, etc. during high alerts.

Fucking idiot.

Back