Upgrading Computer

Alright, well it's been a while since I've built my computer, and in that time it's managed to get old (as they do). I haven't been keeping tabs on the market and such lately either, so I'm a bit out of the loop on everything, but I definately need to upgrade this aging heap. Which is where I'm hoping you guys can come in.

Hoping to get recommendations on what I should go for build wise. I have the basic stuff needed from recent fixes/upgrades meaning new: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, speakers.

My case should work fine, but cases aren't too expensive.

Essentially looking for recommendations for good Mobo, processor, video-card, and sound-cards.

There's not an essential limit right now, but I'd like to keep it under $1500 if possible, so essentially not looking for all top-of the line stuff but good bang for the buck so to speak.

I'm doing some of my own looking on new-egg and such, but a place to start is always appreciated and we usually have enough tech folks here to give a good bit of advice.

I just upgraded mine last week. I was able to max current games (like BF2 and BF2142) with these upgrade totaled $800. Make sure your power supply is at least 400watts w/ 24pin plug.

Minimum specs you should get-
1) Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
2)Asus P5W DH Motherboard
3)Sapphire ATI X1950Pro PCIExpress
4)2gig of DDR2 RAM

Intel is faster than AMD right now w/ their C2D. Spend more on CPU and Video card if you want to use up all that $1500.

Last edited:
I just upgraded mine last week. I was able to max current games (like BF2 and BF2142) with these upgrade totaled $800. Make sure your power supply is at least 400watts w/ 24pin plug.

Minimum specs you should get-
1) Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
2)Asus P5W DH Motherboard
3)Sapphire ATI X1950Pro PCIExpress
4)2gig of DDR2 RAM

:rofl:

sandpaper.jpg

Back