United States Airforce.

Brad998

Contributor
Veteran X
So due to some real life issues that have been hovering over my head for the last three months has made me start thinking about the USAF, I know that many of you have done military service such as Data. Im curious as to what many TWers think about their time spent and their opinions. I want to do some sort of networking job.

I'm pretty sure Finski hates his job and has to work 3 times as hard for his paycheck as any poor shlub working a regular 9-5 day job.

yup. pretty sure.

In bizarro land.

Currently I am unable to continue school due to money issues. I do not want to do loans and I have at least two years. I do have some great skills with computers in general as far as troubleshooting goes, but I have been unable to find any sort of job that is either hiring or wants a 20 year old with out a degree. So right now I deliver pizza and I barely pay rent. So free place and food is sounding like a deal right now.

I'm pretty sure Finski hates his job and has to work 3 times as hard for his paycheck as any poor shlub working a regular 9-5 day job.

yup. pretty sure.

In bizarro land.

:lol: The Air Force sucked. The Air Guard rocks your face off.

Currently I am unable to continue school due to money issues. I do not want to do loans and I have at least two years. I do have some great skills with computers in general as far as troubleshooting goes, but I have been unable to find any sort of job that is either hiring or wants a 20 year old with out a degree. So right now I deliver pizza and I barely pay rent. So free place and food is sounding like a deal right now.

join the reserves or guard or go ROTC or something. Don't go active duty because you're too much of a puss to take out student loans.

if you want to work on a tech career you gotta find a tech job. with that experience you could find plenty of entry level jobs, pay sucks but you gotta start building your resume up somewhere...

Good luck getting a tech job in the AF, everyone coming in wants them. I got a very in demand job (Air Traffic) and still had to wait 6 months in delayed enlistment before i shipped to basic

why the fuck wouldn't you take loans?

Never mind, the obvious answer is you're fucking stupid, so you wouldn't be able to pass your classes anyways.

dur i suck IRL so ill join the military for free m0ney$!

i wonder what percentage of our military enlistees actually joined for an admirable reason.

I loved it, but you work all sorts of hard for no sorts of money. I went in for the experience and then the "education". Problem was I got out and had no benefits, no income, and had lost touch with my life back home.

Sidenote: issues only get harder in the military cuz you just deal with them much farther away.

Edit: The fact that I was a SERE instructor didn't exactly give me any real life job skills except alot of competencies.

Last edited:
funny I started doing dialup tech support for $8/hr and agreeing to play quake matches over a T3 for the same thing, "experience"

Dude, Brad, I have not heard from you in months. How am I going to read about some shit like this on Tdub? Call me tomorrow and we'll hang out some time this weekend.

Last edited:
Back