UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

he did. if you look at forrest's face, compared to rampage.

too bad dana white paid the judges to be stupid.

can we see rampage's knee?

also, you know that griffin has a lot of scar tissue and bleeds all the time...either here or somewhere else

"He bleeds more from a stiff suspension on his truck then from that fight"

that's normal wear and tear for him

can we see rampage's knee?

also, you know that griffin has a lot of scar tissue and bleeds all the time...either here or somewhere else

"He bleeds more from a stiff suspension on his truck then from that fight"

that's normal wear and tear for him

Just sayin. If Rampage walked in you'd never guess he was just in a five round fight. Can't say the same for Forest.

Just sayin. If Rampage walked in you'd never guess he was just in a five round fight. Can't say the same for Forest.

from his face, yes, but forrest doesn't really win on face damage, he sunk a pretty good triangle, did some leg damage, and got a few good knees in.

well that doesn't win fights, if that were the case Liddell would have beaten Jardine when they met

post-fight, Jardine looked like shit and Liddell looked like he had just rolled out of the gym

well that doesn't win fights, if that were the case Liddell would have beaten Jardine when they met

post-fight, Jardine looked like shit and Liddell looked like he had just rolled out of the gym

My post was within the context of this quote:

"Rampage beats down Griffin :rofl:"

I remember you saying the exact same thing about the "soap opera" factor a year ago. I didn't get what you meant then, and I don't get what you mean now.
Ok, I'll have to explain the soap opera factor. It's something you can follow over a long period of time, and people are interested in. A couple years ago, the UFC had it when Lidell was king and Tim had his battles with Arlovski. Those were great fights, but then something bad happened, Arlovski got caught with a lucky punch, and now he's a back up pussy. Randy decided to retire because of the money. Chuck got KOd by a lucky punch and now he's waiting in line to work his way back up. Crocop came in and got his arse kicked twice.

See what I'm getting at? There's no legit fighter in the HW division right now. The fans didn't take to Gonzaga, he was just there. Yes, I realize I'm talking about the LW and HW divisions, I know that. In the LW division, you've got Silva, great fighter, but guess what, not a fan favorite compared to Lidell.

Here's another example of the soap opera to bring it all home. Think Golf. What name comes to your head? Tiger woods. Guess what? He's out for the rest of the year. So guess what happens to golf right now? It sucks because the network didn't promote any of the other golfers. I tuned into the match last Sunday and didn't know any of the names of the people playing, it sucked.

Same thing is happening with the UFC right now. They've got champions, but no one cares about them. Forest maybe since he's the Ultimate fighter. But the heavyweight division is a let down, and that's what most people care about. Who in the HW division do you want to see fight right now? I can't think of it, and that's the problem.

Last edited:
So, you're going to stop watching UFC events? I doubt it.

The only problem with the UFC is that they don't offer enough non-ppv shows. Shit, with as many fighters as they have, they could do weekly non-ppv fights.

Ok, I'll have to explain the soap opera factor. It's something you can follow over a long period of time, and people are interested in. A couple years ago, the UFC had it when Lidell was king and Tim had his battles with Arlovski. Those were great fights, but then something bad happened, Arlovski got caught with a lucky punch, and now he's a back up pussy. Randy decided to retire because of the money. Chuck got KOd by a lucky punch and now he's waiting in line to work his way back up. Crocop came in and got his arse kicked twice.

See what I'm getting at? There's no legit fighter in the HW division right now. The fans didn't take to Gonzaga, he was just there. Yes, I realize I'm talking about the LW and HW divisions, I know that. In the LW division, you've got Silva, great fighter, but guess what, not a fan favorite compared to Lidell.

Here's another example of the soap opera to bring it all home. Think Golf. What name comes to your head? Tiger woods. Guess what? He's out for the rest of the year. So guess what happens to golf right now? It sucks because the network didn't promote any of the other golfers. I tuned into the match last Sunday and didn't know any of the names of the people playing, it sucked.

Same thing is happening with the UFC right now. They've got champions, but no one cares about them. Forest maybe since he's the Ultimate fighter. But the heavyweight division is a let down, and that's what most people care about. Who in the HW division do you want to see fight right now? I can't think of it, and that's the problem.
Well, maybe I don't speak for the majority, but I think that just because Liddel, Couture, and all the old UFC poster boys aren't around doesn't mean the sport has grown boring.

I think it's actually gotten more exciting, if anything, but I don't see what's wrong with the champions right now. Big Nog is probably the top heavyweight in the world under Fedor. Griffin is an exciting fighter and at the top of his game. Anderson Silva is just pound for pound one of the most dominant athletes in the sport. GSP is, in fact, a fan favorite with incredible passing game, striking, and wrestling. BJ Penn is re-emerging as one of the best fighters in the sport.

What, really, is there to complain about? The UFC has tapped the best talent from around the world. Just because your favorite fighter isn't around doesn't mean the sport has gotten dull.

NGFM has only heard of mma like a few months ago, and before that he trashed it calling them street fighters and said boxing was a real fight.

Back