TWL Hacked :(

^Kodiak said:
ok sorry guess I should have put a /end sarcasim or something there..

No, I guess you should've shut up and stop trying to criticize me for pointing out something that another fucking admin agreed with.

HelenKeller said:
#teamwarfare
ive only found an admin around ONCE in that channel. and that was vlasic.

its probably easier to get their attention on TW than it is in the channel. nobody pays attention.

but then all the admins just say "omg u didnt come to us" and then ignore the problem. good way to do things

i think TWL has spread itself way too far and much too thin

i dont think they should have ever gone past the tribes series or any other game when the need came for a well-managed ladder (the old ogl to twl story)

every game i see, before it even comes out, has a new section on TWL

btw remember the night that the WSBN vs TSN on the OGL thing went to hell and there was like 1000 people in both irc channels and taxi was relaying the TSN feed and people were screaming and fagrom was on the air sounding like a fucking inbred POS. that was cool

Bodom said:
actuallly its usually on the TWL forums this occurs

a complaint/problem is brought up...and all that gets said between admins for 3 pages is OMG I lUV U and LOl I slepT With TY!

and then it drops off the radar and people get pissed.

while i agree that pages of ppl yelling YYAAYAY GAY BUTTSECHS etc isn't the greatest, there are lots of admins in #teamwarfare that will seriously answer your questions and concerns. i know that when anyone talksto me in irc with questions or concerns regarding twl, i go out of my way to get all concerned parties into contact w/ one another so things can be resolved asap.

<WIGGLE> 02:58:40 <WIGGLE> so i guess thats how ill finish out t2
<WIGGLE> 02:58:50 <WIGGLE> kind of appropriate for the way twl has treated me since ive been here
<WIGGLE> 02:59:02 <WIGGLE> nice way to top things off
<WIGGLE> 03:00:57 <Vlasic> I do want to let you back
<WIGGLE> 03:01:33 <Vlasic> and I probably did jump the gun on you, and I apologize for that
<WIGGLE> 03:01:36 <WIGGLE> the only reason i wanted to stay in t2 was because i played base arena
<WIGGLE> 03:01:41 <Vlasic> this has just been a bitch to deal with :|
<WIGGLE> 03:01:43 <WIGGLE> thats where i had most of my fun
<WIGGLE> 03:01:45 <WIGGLE> and now thats gone
<WIGGLE> 03:01:49 <WIGGLE> my last run to get #1
<WIGGLE> 03:01:55 <WIGGLE> on a team that i was trying to lead
<Ryan|Fewd> what time u wanna go see scary movie 3
<WIGGLE> 03:02:06 <Vlasic> what rank were you?
<WIGGLE> 03:02:14 <WIGGLE> I have CoD now and I suppose i'll play elsewhere
<WIGGLE> 03:02:17 <Vlasic> I'll put you back there
<WIGGLE> 03:02:24 <WIGGLE> its fine
<WIGGLE> 03:02:39 <Vlasic> :\

uhh yea, Vlasic jumped the gun and he knows it, atleast he is fixing it

logmans said:
btw remember the night that the WSBN vs TSN on the OGL thing went to hell and there was like 1000 people in both irc channels and taxi was relaying the TSN feed and people were screaming and fagrom was on the air sounding like a fucking inbred POS. that was cool

I agree... TWL used to be awesome, but then every single new comp game got a ladder, wether demand really warrented one or not. That being said..the glory days of TWL seem to be over..

I've never had a problem getting a TWL admin to respond to me about a match problem... When it comes to other things though, they certainly do drag their feet. ;-)

Colosus said:
I've never had a problem getting a TWL admin to respond to me about a match problem... When it comes to other things though, they certainly do drag their feet. ;-)

well you're colosus of tw fame..if you're not a name, its sometimes harder.

Bodom said:
actuallly its usually on the TWL forums this occurs

a complaint/problem is brought up...and all that gets said between admins for 3 pages is OMG I lUV U and LOl I slepT With TY!

I'd like to think this problem is being addressed, a serious thread that warrants serious answers is NO PLACE for public displays of internet homosexuality - I think that most of us realize how damaging this is to public perception. Please don't think that we don't give a shit what the community thinks - especially TW - we realize what Tribes has done for TeamWarfare. That's not to say we take every complaint to heart - some get carried way out of hand, especially here on TW - anyone should be able to see this. That's my view here, trying to be as honest.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea about the specifics of what has been going on here - there is a lot of history behind the guy that was spamming the forums that I simply am unaware of. Vlasic has been involved (I believe) and he is probably the best person to handle situations such as this.

:heart:

Chic0 said:
I agree... TWL used to be awesome, but then every single new comp game got a ladder, wether demand really warrented one or not. That being said..the glory days of TWL seem to be over..

very true. ive never had a problem getting a twl admin either, but it depends on WHAT twl admin you want. i can get into contact with vlasic easy, and hes my goto guy. but i never can find any of the other ones. it took almost a week for them to review a demo and ban a guy for cheating in a match for me.

Chic0 said:

the "glory days" of TWL are not over by a long shot, but they will be if they keep expanding and getting admins that nobody knows

for me, TWL was best when there were a total of 10-15 admins across two ladders and everyone knew them and they knew everybody.

I can unhappily say when i read the front page I dont know who a single damn person is

www.teamwarfare.com said:
Ed "Zedsdead" Miller Commissioner Staff and Operational Management
T.C. "TotalCarnage" Waltz Commissioner Staff and Operational Management
William "Vlasic" Macdonell Sr Operations Manager Site Operations & Quality Control
Will "Polaris" Everett Co-Founder Fatherly Figure
Myles "Triston" Angell Co-Founder Smart Guy
Allen "TheRedDread" Drennan Web Host Generous web hosting, good laughs. (Sr Staff)
Buddy "sLaM" Pritchard Web Hosting Senior Operations Staff

Member Services & Site Support
Bill "Recar" James Operations Manager Member Services & Site Support
DoMiNuS Forum Moderator Member Services
NeoPhoenixTE Tech Support Site Support
Tankd Tech Support Site Support

Operations
Joe "Janus" Kniep Operations Manager Admin Services
Kim "half the sky" Marchesseault Operations Manager Business Development
Aston "CrimsonFury" Olsen Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Kirk "psicotic1" Hines Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Adam "Wizard" Winer Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Bill "biscuit" Mothershed Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Andy "Xeno" Ballentine Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Anthony "Hazard" Milano Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Dave "Geronimo" Dacenzo Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
John "SpaZ" Perez Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Michael "Mich" Christie Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Todd "Skeeter" Snyder Competition Director Senior Operations Staff
Bob "Feer" Jones Event Operations Planning and Management
Daryl "Stinkfist" Chance XML Guru Tells Triston how to do XML
Ben "Diox" May Systems Engineer Guardian of the Grail

Development

Jesse "LostAngel" Bilsten Web Developer Web Development

Community
Tyler "TySoft" Lott Community Manager New Market Development
Adam "Intrepid" Bryant Staff Writer Game Reviews
PaveHawk- Staff Writer Gaming news, reviews + Interviews
HelenKeller Community Relations In the 'know'.

is there any serious reason to have half those people there? and note, thats just for the "operations" staff

www.teamwarfare.com said:
tribes 2 staff -
Joe "Janus" Kniep Operations Manager Operations Manager
Bill "biscuit" Mothershed Competition Director SysAdmin Tribes 2 Ladders
Aston "CrimsonFury" Olsen Competition Director SysAdmin Tribes 2 Oceania Ladders
brAun Ladder Admin Ladders Tribes 2 Arena
^Kodiak Ladder Admin Tribes 2 Renegades, Classic, Base Ladders
falhawk Ladder Admin Tribes 2 Classic Ladders
NeoPhoenixTE Ladder Admin Tribes 2 Classic Duel Ladder
alingis Ladder Admin Tribes 2 Siege Admin
T2 Oceania Ladder Admins Email All Tribes 2 Oceania Ladder Admins
Bruticus Lead Oceania Admin Tribes 2 Oceania Ladders
KiCkEn Ladder Admin Tribes 2 Oceania Ladders

i know a total of 2 people on that list, and i was in a tribe with both of them

sorry, but TWL has just expanded far too much far too quickly

(i still :heart: you though)

I jumped the gun on Wiggle and his team, and now he doesn't want me to fix it :(

I can't really tell you how shitty I feel about this situation. I fucked up. I got all riled up because of one goddamn person.

I think I just care too damn much. I might need a long vacation.

Back