Twin Emperor Strat Recommendations

TrailerParkPrid

Veteran XV
My guild is on the Twin Emps but we've only had about a night of attempts on them. Our only problem is finding a proper way to tank the caster. He insta-gibs our tanks on him and wipes our entire raid rather quickly. Tomorrow we plan on going and using a warlock as the tank with max resists and see how it works out. We also have them positioned on far sides of the room. And when they switch we have it so there is 1 warlock on each side of the room to start tanking the caster when he switches. Along with 1 warrior to tank the melee emperor on each side. And we are using the teleport switching so we can properly place the caster emp without having to deal with a huge hastle of moving him that much. Can anyone who beat twin emps tell me if we are on the right track?

You're on the right track. For extra warlock survivability have them spec soul link, but it's not required. Just remember the damage doesn't vanish; you have to have heals on their pet.

Our warlocks are sitting at 315 shadow resist with soul link and the shadowbolts hit them for less than 1000 on average.

It is most definately a fight that requires precise execution from every single person in the raid. One person can EASILY wipe the entire raid if they're not performing their job flawlessly. And it's a very long fight, so there's lots of time for someone to fuck up.

Btw, there's only one possible way that he could be insta-gibbing your tank, and it's preventable. Once you figure out what causes it, it's just about execution (which needless to say is extremely difficult).

Edit: And, in my opinion, warlocks are much better suited to tank than paladins. High-threat spammable spell, high stamina, high resists (via master demonology), unlimited mana (via lifetap), spell damage mitigation (via soul link). Overall warlocks are superior in every way to paladins when it comes to tanking the magical twin. Not to mention he might be horde.

Last edited:
Dyno said:
You're on the right track. For extra warlock survivability have them spec soul link, but it's not required. Just remember the damage doesn't vanish; you have to have heals on their pet.

Our warlocks are sitting at 315 shadow resist with soul link and the shadowbolts hit them for less than 1000 on average.

It is most definately a fight that requires precise execution from every single person in the raid. One person can EASILY wipe the entire raid if they're not performing their job flawlessly. And it's a very long fight, so there's lots of time for someone to fuck up.

Btw, there's only one possible way that he could be insta-gibbing your tank, and it's preventable. Once you figure out what causes it, it's just about execution (which needless to say is extremely difficult).

Edit: And, in my opinion, warlocks are much better suited to tank than paladins. High-threat spammable spell, high stamina, high resists (via master demonology), unlimited mana (via lifetap), spell damage mitigation (via soul link). Overall warlocks are superior in every way to paladins when it comes to tanking the magical twin. Not to mention he might be horde.

Were alliance, we tried pally tanks but that wasn't working out so we thought of warlocks. How did you guys deal with the arcane explosion on teleport? It was a rare problem for us, but it still was a problem. And do you think you could give a hint on how to stop their healing? We were thinking line of siting them apart and we haven't had the chance to try it out fully. Since our caster tank has always been insta-gibbed.

Any other tips would be appreciated. I'm trying to save on my repair bill :(.

TrailerParkPrid said:
Were alliance, we tried pally tanks but that wasn't working out so we thought of warlocks. How did you guys deal with the arcane explosion on teleport? It was a rare problem for us, but it still was a problem. And do you think you could give a hint on how to stop their healing? We were thinking line of siting them apart and we haven't had the chance to try it out fully. Since our caster tank has always been insta-gibbed.

Any other tips would be appreciated. I'm trying to save on my repair bill :(.
The arcane explosion has a trigger, and it only occurs when that is set off. When you discover that trigger, you just have to work to make sure you avoid it.

As for the healing, the only hint I will give is that they aren't healing themselves, they are healing eachother. Don't try to take them out of line of sight of each other, because if you try to pull them out the door they despawn for 15 minutes.

So you can't pull them out of line of site? We aren't pulling them to the door. We are pulling them to the little areas kiddy corner to the door where you first enter.

after two nights my guild has the emp strat down perfectly.... except for the fact that all our warlocks are quite possibly the stupidest wow players in our guild :-|

My guild is working on them as well now, we have a warlock tanking the magical one, but we are nto sure if the bugs affect them in some way. If someone could let me know how they are affected by each that would be great or if they just need ot be crowd controled. I know each class has a role in this fight but we have not figured all of them out.

If anyone can give a few tips that would be great or hints so to speak.

Thanks

we are still confused as to what role the bugs play in this fight... are they an obstacle or must they be used?

Would anyone know if Unbalanced strike is a triggered effect an how it is triggered?

Back