[TWarGoths] The hell is up with this gauging thing?

So...I see a lot of goths making gaping holes in their ears, what the heck is this and why?
you're the darkie shouldn't we be asking you

edit:

mursiwomanvk4.jpg

Last edited:
What's the deal with blacks leaving the stickers on their hats?
they like pretending that they're so new because they are hardcore and just stole it

or

they are unaware that those hologram stickers are in fact stickers - rather, they are believed to be portals to a futuristic world. of holograms.

This isn't a goth thing at all. There's a lot of reasons to do it. When I had a navel piercing I stretched/gauged it from an 18 to a 14 because the selection of decorative jewelry was nicer at 14. My 3 cartilage piercings are stretched/gauged from 20 to 16 for the same reason - I wanted plain silver hoops with a ball and I didn't like the look of the 18g ones. I never used a taper, just clean jewelry in the next size up and waited at least 2-4 weeks between each size.

Wapedia - Stretching (body piercing)

I made a thread asking this once and people said I was being "mean."

The few TW peeps who admitted to doing it defended it by saying "Girls like it!" which of course is what men say to defend anything worthy of ridicule.

Axe body spray..."Girls like it!"

Men wearing jewelry..."Girls like it!"

Excessive use of slang..."Girls like it!"

Gangsta..."Girls like it!"

Obnoxious sunglasses..."Girls like it!"

A straight up piercing is one thing but completely fucking up your body with mods like this is retarded. Plastic surgeons must be chomping at the bit right now. They know in the next several years a bunch of retards will be coming in to get their stupid crap "fixed" and make them a nice bit of pocket change.

I made a thread asking this once and people said I was being "mean."

The few TW peeps who admitted to doing it defended it by saying "Girls like it!" which of course is what men say to defend anything worthy of ridicule.

Axe body spray..."Girls like it!"

Men wearing jewelry..."Girls like it!"

Excessive use of slang..."Girls like it!"

Gangsta..."Girls like it!"

Obnoxious sunglasses..."Girls like it!"

Reggs, why do you dress like a girl.... "Girls like it!"

I dated.. mm not really dated more or less just went out a couple times -with a girl who had HUGE gauged earrings awhile back. She said straight from the get-go how most guys she dates say stuff like "you can get surgery for that", but she was emphatic that she wanted a down to earth guy even though she's going to have asshole ear when she gets older. No pics, she got fat anyway.

Anyway, I have some diamond studs I put in every now and then because I look good with them, but no way in hell would I ever get them stretched.

Anyway, I have some diamond studs I put in every now and then because I look good with them, but no way in hell would I ever get them stretched.

I want to see you looking good with diamond studs. Post a pic please.

no, no really, there are not

-Wanting to wear a different style of jewelry than fits your piercing.
-Being pierced with too small of a gauge (i.e. a navel piercing that was done with a 20 - standard is 18 or 16) and not being able to find jewelry to fit the hole.
-Religion/culture (hey if it can be used it as an excuse to amputate foreskins it can be used for this too).

I personally went up because I couldn't find the style of jewelry I wanted in the gauge I was pierced at. I don't see that as "retarded" - if anything it's more "retarded" that the standard piercing gauge is 20 when the standard hoop that suits a cartilage is 18-16.

Back