[TW Music Buffs] The Medium...

-TigerClaw-

Veteran XX
So I promised by brother if he ever got off his ass to upload some of his band's songs to the intarweb, I'd plug it here at the greatest of all forums...

The Medium

Any feedback, I'm sure he'd love--and for those of you in the Philly area, they'll have a few shows in the next month (Khyber, Grape Street, etc.) if you're into that genre! :D

The first song that plays (Casanova Drunk), it feels like they don't care about the music until about 2:28.

That, the hideous reverb, and the fact that the lead vocals are, like, 85% panned right.

His voice isn't very unique either. If the band would put a little feeling into it, and either got a new singer, or gave him a nice beat down, they might be on the right track. It's not bad music, but I'm not going to listen to any more of it. The second track is very plain and boring.

Best of luck to them though.

I agree with spexx but I found it more around 2:22 they started caring about the music more... the beginning sounded like filler which can be fixed. I hear the idea of an alternate rhythm which the 2nd guitarist is almost using a basic type funk riff. If this was made more melodic and not so monotonous it would play well into the music.

I don't normally critique music I just say "good song" or "good band" etc... but you asked for criticism. So don't read this as me saying I don't like the band or the song.

It's decent for "adult contemporary" music. Like a hybrid of Bare Naked Ladies and Maroon 5. A bit too uppity for my taste, but not terrible music.

*edit, good bar music just because it's easy to listen to and not too overwhelming.

They better hurry up and "make it"...there's a killer acoustic act in California with the same name.

Back