[TW METALHEADS] Stoner metal\rock needed

In Flames- Episode 666, Man Made God, ... anything from them is good
Slayer- Duh...
Tool- Because they rock anyway

probably my fav metal genre right now :D

1. The Melvins - if you like stoner rock, there is no way in hell you won't love this band. worshiped by kurt kobain. King Buzzo actually taught kurt everything he knew
2. Boris - a Melvins worship band from Japan
3. Sleep - listen to Dopesmoker. Its actually just one hour long song of pure amazingness
4. Electric Wizard - listen to Dopethrone
5. Kyuss - queens of the stone age before they were queens of the stone age
6. Flipper - if there is such a thing as proto -stoner rock, this band is it
7. Earth - worshiped by kurt kobain. great great band
8. Black Sabbath - the ultimate in stoner bands. They invented the genre and are probably the best band that ever did it.
9. Pentagram - one of the best Black Sabbath sounding bands that wasn't Black Sabbath
10. Black Flag - the My War cd is an awesome stoner rock album that people don't really tend to think of

While not quite stoner metal you should check out these bands too:
1. Khanate - probably the best doom metal band out right now
2. Sunn O))) - amp worship. lots of low feedback

edit: ack sorry, i read your post too fast and didn't realize that you already listen to sleep and pentagram

Last edited:
AaronTheD said:

1. The Melvins - if you like stoner rock, there is no way in hell you won't love this band. worshiped by kurt kobain. King Buzzo actually taught kurt everything he knew
3. Sleep - listen to Dopesmoker. Its actually just one hour long song of pure amazingness
8. Black Sabbath - the ultimate in stoner bands. They invented the genre and are probably the best band that ever did it.
9. Pentagram - one of the best Black Sabbath sounding bands that wasn't Black Sabbath
10. Black Flag - the My War cd is an awesome stoner rock album that people don't really tend to think of

good list.

unfortunitly with the exeption of earth, khanate, and sunn I own all of those cd's.

I'll defenitly check out those though, much thank's

In Flames/Dark Tranquillity/Whatever other melodic death metal band you're naming isn't stoner metal. And my suggestion: My Dying Bride

winnar said:
In Flames/Dark Tranquillity/Whatever other melodic death metal band you're naming isn't stoner metal. And my suggestion: My Dying Bride

My Dying Bride isn't fucking stoner metal/rock.

AaronTheD said:

edit: ack sorry, i read your post too fast and didn't realize that you already listen to sleep and pentagram

good list

I'd also recommend Karma to Burn (especially wild, wonderful purgatory), Electric Wizard (I quite liked Let us prey as well as dopethrone).
If you're into early sabbath, check out Sheavy as well.

Edit-
Actually, give Acid King a shot as well.

Last edited:
Back