[TW Metalheads] Recommendation time

Black_Mana

Veteran XX
Because of some job-related shenanigans, I haven't posted on the TeeDubs in months. Moreover, I haven't snagged any new music in just as long.

I just grabbed Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God and am in heaven. Anything along those lines come out over the last 12 months or so that I should know about?...and while I'm here, any good HoF faggotry I should know about?

i recommend you develop some taste

"Hi, I'm posting in a thread that is of absolutely no interest to me because I can make myself feel better by attempting to belittle people whose taste differs from mine.":ftard:

Kbye

@ Mr. Snowman...you have tickled my senses. Thank you, sir.

Sorry, Yakuza, ever since St. Anger I haven't been able to get back into Metallica. I still LOVE their older stuff, as well as Apocalyptica (which I would seriously recommend to any Metallica fan), but their style has shifted a bit too far off of what made me love them in the first place.

Sorry, Yakuza, ever since St. Anger I haven't been able to get back into Metallica. I still LOVE their older stuff, as well as Apocalyptica (which I would seriously recommend to any Metallica fan), but their style has shifted a bit too far off of what made me love them in the first place.

Have you even attempted to listen to the new album? I felt exaclty the same way when they came out with the black album... Death Magnetic is the first album since Justice that I can listen to in length.

That Wast Just Your Life from Death Magnetic is a good song, but that's about it.
Otherwise... I don't know of any death metal albums that impressed me this year, sorry :(

Not sure if you have this album, but its a damn good one.

200px-Chimaira-Chimaira.jpg

Its Chimaira's self titled album. It fuckin owns. Here's the track list....

"Nothing Remains" (Arnold) – 5:36
"Save Ourselves" (Arnold) – 5:08
"Inside the Horror" (DeVries, Arnold) – 5:29
"Salvation" (DeVries, Hunter) – 5:22
"Comatose" (DeVries, Arnold) – 4:44
"Left for Dead" (Arnold) – 5:43
"Everything You Love" (Arnold) – 6:17
"Bloodlust" (Arnold) – 7:18
"Pray for All" (Arnold, Hunter) – 5:55
"Lazarus" (Hunter) – 7:36

Every sing song is good. If you're not used to his voice, you will be after a few listens..this is angry fuckin music :D

Here's some samples.

Excuse the quality, youtube is being gay and muting copyright music videos...so these are low quality, the actual cd itself is some of the best quality I've come across. You can turn the volume up and its ALWAYS crystal clear, and LOUD, my god its loud. I consider it a music punch in the face. :p

Nothing Remains (the bass in this song on the cd will make your head implode)

Save Ourselves

Inside the Horror

Those are the first 3 songs on the album...like I said before, ALL the songs are good, not just one or 2. I hope youtube doesnt be gay and take these down too.

Also, you really don't get a good feel for these guys unless you have a good home stereo or car stereo....then just turn that volume the fuck up and listen.

Trust me, give this shit a few listens and you'll like it. Most people don't give it a chance because they may not like his voice. I love it, its full of pain and hate :)

Last edited:
Back