TW gets to laugh at me: I do $200K of fuckup.

Sounds like that's her problem for hiring the daughter in law and not getting a written quote. Actually it sounds more like they are colluding in inflating the costs to fuck you out of some cash.

Yep. Do they have any way to justify this obscenely balooning cost?

Looks like Gek0 is probably most correct. The bills dribbled in over a year in ammounts small enough not to trigger the screens my office uses to protect my family from fraud. Even with that, some alarm bells should have gone off when a $12K bill for a new air conditioner came in.

I still have a hard time believing the ex was actively trying to screw with me. When we were together, there were some problems that I attributed to psychological issues. In retrospect I wonder if it might have been early onset of age related declines that the daughter in law took advantage of.

Regardless, my side is pissed. I've got to talk with a family law lawyer and take steps to make sure the ex can't bind me in any further contracts.

Last edited:
Rancher dan, move to Finland. your US jurisdiction won't reach here and I'll have a place for you in my couch for ... well few weeks :D

Regardless, my side is pissed. I've got to talk with a family law lawyer and take steps to make sure the ex can't bind me in any further contracts.

See if you can recoup some of the existing costs, they have to have documentation for what has been done/purchased. Don't take the "we paid cash so there's no record" excuse.

Then celebrate by buying your boy-toy the trees he wanted.

Back