Tvout question??

Sam

Banned
Well I have an Asus Geforce 4 ti4200 with tvout..
heres the pic of the card
14-121-136-08.JPG

and a pic of the tvout wire (upper black wire)
14-121-136-05.JPG

Well i want to watch a movie on my comp on the tv. I tryed connecting the wire from the video card to my video input , but nothing poped up. Do i have to do anything special for tvout?

restart your computer.

it should start up with the display on the TV but not the monitor

i believe hot swapping is impossible

ed: and dont for get to hit TV/VCR,AUX button on you tv

You have to tell your video card to output to the TV. This is done in the advanced section of your display settings. If you have det drivers for you card you should have a section labeled "nview display mode" or something like that. That is where you tell it to clone, span horizontally, or span vertically.

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
it should automatically set everything up after a restart

No, it shouldnt. Its set to off by default. You do not need to restart for anything.

When you restart, it'll show the bios and loading windows on the tv, then it'll switch off and goto just monitor.

You should be able to hotswap, we were with a gf4mx, and my radeon 64ddr vivo hotswaps the vidout connection just fine.

You have to go display properties > settings > advanced > displays? and change it there. I believe the nvidia drivers have to scan what's available, then they let you choose between that.

As far as I know, nothing will let you play dvds through the vidout except ati's mmc. We've tried msi's dvd player, powerdvd, windvd, and I think 1 other dvd player.

Back