[TV Recording] TiVo vs DVR (io)

It is like an Ipod vs. Zune. Interface differences. Most will say Tivo is better, but many people I know, myself included, have the DVR that their digital cable provider provides. (Because it comes with the service, and gets the job done.)

Mi gente, Optimum Triple Play is in the house!

IO Digital Cable
Watch a lot of channels, whenever you're able.
HD is free, let me put it on the table
For $29.95, you get DESIGNER label

877-393-4448!

Optimum Online, so fast so fine,
DIAL-UP AND DSL ....you gonna leave it behind.
C'mon mi gente, let's get online
For $29.95, it'll blow your mind.

877-393-4448!

Optimum Voice, call your mom, call your date
Call all you want from state to state,
Puerto Rico and Canada just one flat rate.
For $29.95, do I have to translate?!?

Remember you can get Optimum Voice Worldcall
Talk with anybody in the world, so call!

877-393-4448!

The savings are for real,
The Triple Play is the deal.
Gustamos.

TiVo is a brand of DVR. There are no differences you fucking tool. It has a different interface just as every other brand uses a different interface.

Have TiVo & DirecTV DVRs, TiVo has an easier/better interface, both work fine once you learn just how they operate.

Comparing the two dvrs ive owned, comcast's dvr is shit.

Tivo (or at least my model, tivo hd) is very nice. Its got youtube, too.

tivo is the best. clean interface, dummy proof, very easy to setup especially through your router so it can pull it's data feed right through the network instead of the phone line.

make sure you get the dual tuner model or better, it's worth the extra 50 bucks or whatever it goes for nowadays.

after talking to a few people & reading this thread/reviews, it seems tivo is better overall and has more functionality than the majority of dvrs provided by the cable company

i know a cable company will generally charge ~$10/month extra for dvr as a rental. my friend was telling me that with tivo, you buy the box and own it and can pay a monthly subscription fee or a one time product lifetime fee ($400). w/ the lifetime fee, if you assume tivo is ~$10/month then the $400 is spread over 3 yrs 4 mnths. do tivo dvrs actually last this long or what would be my best bet?

TiVo = you pay a monthly fee to have it and get guide updates

PC = you install BeyondTV, pay your $60 for it, and never pay again

I have a nice dual core E8400 for a DVR, recording off of one DirecTV box. No big deal.

Back