[TV] Les Stroud (aka Survivorman) Is Back!

silentsam

Veteran X
As "Survivorman," Les Stroud spent years surviving some of the most remote locations on earth - alone - while filming himself. In BEYOND SURVIVAL WITH LES STROUD, premiering Friday, August 27 at 10PM ET/PT, Stroud learns the tribes' techniques, takes part in their rituals and ceremonies and discovers the secrets of how their culture has survived for thousands of years....before they vanish forever. Les has relied on his years of training, raw instincts and sheer will to endure his seven-day challenges. Now, he takes his knowledge deeper; seek out the true masters of survival - the last indigenous tribes in the most remote corners of the planet.

Trailer:

URL: Beyond Survival with Les Stroud : Programs : Discovery Channel : Discovery Press Web

I think he started doing this surviving stuff because he got a lot of shit because his name is Les.

Wasn't there something called going tribal?

I remember some british guy fully immersing himself into tribal cultures. It was pretty awesome.

Les > Bear

Glad he's back doing TV again. I'm hoping after he runs out of indigenous tribes to visit that he'll go back to surviving on his own again.

Les > Bear

Glad he's back doing TV again. I'm hoping after he runs out of indigenous tribes to visit that he'll go back to surviving on his own again.
Bear is less of a survival show and more like a shitty amalgamation of Fear Factor and Jackass.

SWEET, GOT MY BACKPACK....

fQana.jpg

let's do this thing!

Wasn't there something called going tribal?

I remember some british guy fully immersing himself into tribal cultures. It was pretty awesome.

yeah, that was bruce parry

not sure if they changed the name for the american market, but it was simplly called 'tribe'

ray mears is also a fucking legend, you can tell the little fucker is good at his survival skills cos he aint exactly skinny

edit, I should really read to the end of threads before replying :D

Bear is less of a survival show and more like a shitty amalgamation of Fear Factor and Jackass.

true, his show SUCKS

but as far as being legit goes, he was in the SAS when he was younger and is hard as nails in irl, just a shitty show

the one that made him famous is muuuch better

If I found myself in a survival situation with Les, I'd enjoy chilling with him around the little fire exchanging stories until we got rescued.

If I found myself in a survival situation with Bear, I'd spend most of my time trying to figure out how to dispose of his body without the camera crew catching me.

Back