TV future

envy

Veteran X
Special thanks to Zodd and ZOD for making T2 base, a steaming pile of donkey dung, into a fantastic competitive game with the development and release of classic mod.

I have a feeling we are going to need a similar effort to 'fix' gameplay issues in TV. But before this is even possible, we need a patch from VUG to fix some basic issues people are having with performance and to leave us with a stable/playable server platform for competition. If we do get a patch, it will probably be the last one we will see from this vendor. Let's hope it finishes the job.

Question is, are there creative people out there with the drive and motivation to fix this game? Will the community give them the support they need to nurture the project? Hard to say at this point with the community already on its last leg and sorely divided.

Last edited:
melodrama is so 2 months ago. There are active modding projects and people that hated the game are now sorta digging it, and those who were diggin it, now love it. (like me goddamit!)

The problem with TW is that NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION.

#tvcompmod
#renwerx
#gtwar

the game is actively being worked to the best of the modding communities abilities while everyone comes in here and goes, WAIT HOLD YOUR HORSES, CAN WE FIX THE GAME?

join an effort. idle in #tvcompmod, join their pu's and provide supportive and constructive feedback. if you want to fix the game, be an active community member so i dont feel obligated to lecture ppl.

gdamnmit.

Last edited:
being a dick about it doesn't help. some us dont' have the time to whore irc and forums all day long. but I'm glad to see people are actively pursuing a compmod.

still compmod doesnt change the gameplay, it just fixes some balance issues and thats it. the rest will stay as it is. thats not what many people wanted (thats not what whole europe wanted)

renegades isnt what many people want either.

the mech mod is totally different.

so there is no rescue like zod and zodd did for t2 in sight.
so t:v may gather a very small communtiy playing this game.
funny thing is, the community will be smaller then t1 is now :>

envy said:
being a dick about it doesn't help. some us dont' have the time to whore irc and forums all day long. but I'm glad to see people are actively pursuing a compmod.

sure it does :)

we need a sticky so that updates are obvious to people who dont whore irc all day...

maybe we can get a .tw dev tracker!

piecemaker said:
still compmod doesnt change the gameplay, it just fixes some balance issues and thats it. the rest will stay as it is. thats not what many people wanted (thats not what whole europe wanted)

renegades isnt what many people want either.

the mech mod is totally different.

so there is no rescue like zod and zodd did for t2 in sight.
so t:v may gather a very small communtiy playing this game.
funny thing is, the community will be smaller then t1 is now :>
I must be living outside of Europe.

Please tell me what I wanted.

envy said:
Special thanks to Zodd and ZOD for making T2 base, a steaming pile of donkey dung, into a fantastic competitive game with the development and release of classic mod.

:signed: :signed: :signed:

ZOD I bow down to you.

Amadeu5 said:
I must be living outside of Europe.

Please tell me what I wanted.

i recommend u then to look at the european competition or publics.

if you call 1 - 2 full servers at prime time what people want, then u must be living in europe. that must be what u want.

if you call more or less 5-8 active clans competition, then u must be living in europe. that must be what u want.

i for sure dont know you, so i guess you must be living outside europe, as i never saw anything of you in european forums or clans.

YES! As you can tell, the mapping community is IMMENSE per player. About 3 jillian hours have gone into GTW, SS, Jetball, Renegades, compmod etc. T:V++ has also gotten on its way. Fear not, salvation shall come to thee that have faith.

there must be 60 maps out in three and a half months, not to mention 40 of them are not only worth your while, they are BAD ASS.

Last edited:
envy said:

Base has it audience and many enjoy it, but YES, thanks to Zodd and Zod for classic, they made me finally drop Tribes 1 from the radar. T2 classic is awesome for the strategist or cowboy.

TV wont just require simple MOD's to change slight charctersistics of weapons etc. Theres some serious changes needed to the physics engine. Flag physics and throwing are just one example. At least Renwerx is doing some tough changes to how the whole carryable and deployable system work. I think renwerx can offer a lot to the mix.

Compmod is doing some nice balance things but nothing real drastic. If theres anything good to be said about TV, its improved my social life. I hardly play anymore =D

Last edited:
Back