Turning a normal bike into a stationary excercise bike

Irishknight

Veteran X
Someone told me about a bike stand that you slip under the back wheel of a bike and it turns it into a stationary bike that you can ride. Anyone heard of this or have it? Where can i find it? I went around to a bunch of stores yesterday..3 sporting goods stores didn't carry it, but they all knew what i was talking about. Dicks Sporting Goods carries it, but they were all out and not getting stock in for a while, and there are no other Dicks stores close to me.

woot i was expecting noone to post!

I don't know how it works, maybe it offers some sort of resistance. All I know is that the product exists and I'm a very cheap bastard.

Alas the friend who had one moved to New York (from Utah) last week. I don't know the details but it wasn't old and he used it to stay in shape for racing during the winter.

The devise attaches to the rear axle of your bikes wheel. The rear tire is then touching a lil metal wheel that u can adjust to apply more friction so its hard to pedal ect...

Yeah i'm not much of a builder. lol.

Whatever, I'm starting an exercise routine tomorrow but i still have no cardio equipment. I could just run, but havin a bike in your home is just more convenient, ill just pick up a cheapie bike somewhere. I think Dicks had one for 70...lol

This thread reminds me of that part in the movie "Who's Harry Crumb?" when John Candy gets on the exercise bike in the guys office and it flies off the stand and he almost breaks all the dinosaur bones. :lol: Good stuff.

|baby|roach| said:
The devise attaches to the rear axle of your bikes wheel. The rear tire is then touching a lil metal wheel that u can adjust to apply more friction so its hard to pedal ect...

Ah thanks. No clue where to pick one up?

I have to agree that a nice ride outside in the evening is much cheaper than buying that thing so you can ride and watch TV...

Get a helmet though.

I don't have a bike that I'd take out somewhere to ride. I was gonna use a beat up piece of shit bike i have to put on that stand. Would have done the job..

Irishknight said:
I don't have a bike that I'd take out somewhere to ride. I was gonna use a beat up piece of shit bike i have to put on that stand. Would have done the job..

Okay, that makes sense. In that case get a good seat.

The ones where the rear wheel is held in place suck. They
are hard on the frame, and no balance is needed. You basically
sit there and pedal.
I recommend:
wt7004.jpg

Back