Trillian 3 is GOLD

Mr_Unlucky

Veteran X
That's right, motherfuckers.

http://www.trillian.cc

I've been beta testing it for a while, and it's come a LONG way from 2.0.

P.S. If you're going to try it, just don't be MORONS and add two accounts of the same medium if you don't want Trillian to combine the contact lists. Contact List Sections are a feature of PRO only, ya dumbasses.

Still forces you into using an icon.

WTF. It doesn't auto-long to my account. I have to click basic, then enter my SN and PW every time. Piece of shit, I hate it.

1) No ads
2) Interface rocks
3) Tabbed chat windows
4) Check out the prefrences screen. There's enough options to fuck around with to give QIX a heart attack.
5) Powerful Automation, Events, and Notification system

Pro version:
1) Shitload of plugins, from HTML and mobile phone interface, winamp control, POP3 and IMAP checking, Buddy Pounce (save messages for contacts, then send when they come online), Spellcheck, SPAM Challeng, etc.
2) Extra Mediums for pro: Rendezvous (instant LAN IMing), Jabber, Sametime, Novell Groupwize, Exchange.
3) Powerful History Management (including archiving audio and video)
4) Buddy icons in the contact list
5) Video
6)As many accounts as you want connected at the same time, in seperate contact lists.

As for improvements over 2.0, the file transfers and the robustness of sending messages has been improved dramatically. The default skin is much improved, and the Prefrences has been completely re-designed - it's no longer a horrible confusing mess. Audio chat has been added to basic, Video to the Pro version, The new Activity History is very cool. Icons no longer look like shit in the contact list. Just dowload the basic version and install it to a new folder. When it starts up, it gives you the option to try Pro for free for 15 days. When that runs out, if you don't like it, just go back to 2.0.

Last edited:
trillian 2 seems to have troubles with updating the names and pictures of my contacts...if 3 has fixed the problem and everything else works as well or better, im all for it

minibrowser plguin would be great. i remember that from 2.0, made it so profiles looked right and links worked. it should really be included in 3.0

Gobd said:
Still forces you into using an icon.

trilly_icon.jpg

As for your other problems, make a fresh install of the program to a new folder. Those bugs have been fixed, and keeping your beta config files is not helping anything.

Last edited:
Minibrowser plugin works with 3.0. Full HTML profle creation and viewing is slated to be included in Trillian 3.1

They could have waited to release 3.0 and put a lot more features in, or they could release it, and then add them as they code them. 3.0 was a large under-the-hood upgrade, and it took over a year to complete, so they decided to lock down the features a few months ago and do a thurough bug squashing campaign. 3.1 should add a lot of features back to IRC (which has been rewritten from scratch), and add a lot of options to the "My Identity" and "Advanced" sections of the prefrences.

Last edited:
you're stupid. right when you open trillian for the first time does it have that option? no, thus it forces it upon you. you have to edit the options later which is waste of time.

Back