Tribes Vengeance crashing

Bologna Joe

Veteran X
When I go to play T:V I can get in at most 2 mins of game play before the game locks up. When it does lock up i have to hit the reset button on the comp because absolutely nothing else works.

Anyone else having this problem or know away around it? I tried playing awhile ago and got as far as walking three steps before it crashed.

System:
AMD Barton 2500
2 x 512 Corsair XMS PC 3200
ATi Radeon 9800 XT (cat 4.8)

BJ

Bologna Joe said:
When I go to play T:V I can get in at most 2 mins of game play before the game locks up. When it does lock up i have to hit the reset button on the comp because absolutely nothing else works.

Anyone else having this problem or know away around it? I tried playing awhile ago and got as far as walking three steps before it crashed.

System:
AMD Barton 2500
2 x 512 Corsair XMS PC 3200
ATi Radeon 9800 XT (cat 4.8)

BJ
av sucks

Mine was crashing alot. I did all the tweaks in that tweak guide in TT...including the tweaks in the link he provides as well. Don't crash anymore :shrug: My system is abit lower than yours xp 2700+ 512 pc2700, gf4.

I had a similar prob, but after playing an hour or so. System hardlocked, no num/caps toggle, no nothing. I would have troubleshot more, but it was late.. :D

AMD 3000XP+
1GB PC 3200
ATI AIW 9600 (Catalyst 4.7)

Lots of problems with netcode prior to that. I'd be buzzing along or in a duel and find myself suddenly translocated about 300m away from where I was (and no...it wasn't a spawn point... ;) ) Other times I seemed to get "stuck" in place. The only way I could get "unstuck" was to stand still for a few seconds, then jump. :shrug:

SureShot said:
Mine was crashing alot. I did all the tweaks in that tweak guide in TT...including the tweaks in the link he provides as well. Don't crash anymore :shrug: My system is abit lower than yours xp 2700+ 512 pc2700, gf4.

Wha do you mean by TT? And where can I go for these tweaks?

Get a really bad meth problem going. Soon, you will either
a) Sell it for drug money
b) Dismantle it because it is full of govt spies

Either way, it just won't seem to matter anymore.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by SureShot
Mine was crashing alot. I did all the tweaks in that tweak guide in TT...including the tweaks in the link he provides as well. Don't crash anymore My system is abit lower than yours xp 2700+ 512 pc2700, gf4.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by TT? And where can I go for these tweaks?

This is a topic about this. Why did I say something wrong? And if it's because I am just new to the forum and for some reason newbies are treated meanly just because people generalize and think they are all annoying. I'm not. So please what's with the ugh and someone else saying go to the Tribes Talk forum for 2 years? I'm new to the Tribes Community is there something I do not know. Please tell me what I did wrong.

Last edited:
RA-Jeff... some indiividuals here have a real a$$hole complex. Nothing to get excited over. Just ignore and wait for those that actually communicate with more than grunts and pathetic roars.

I'm building a new FX53 machine and had to relax the timings on my memory.
T:V demo would crash after a minute.
Download www.memtest.org, make a floppy, and test for a few passes.
Then download Prime95 and run the torture test for a few hours.

dude

its common to be roasted here so if people are very rude ride it out and things will be ok. even the assholes are not so bad. put the few that do get under your skin on ignore.

do you have a well vented case? are you OCing? memory heating.
could be the cat drivers saw someplace the newer ones had issues. maybe a roll back would help.

anyway welcome to the flames of TW

Back