Tribes Ascend

GreeD

Veteran X
Is this game it?

Can I feel excited about a new tribes and not be let down like T2 and TV?

After so many years is it time to return?

Is this game it?

Can I feel excited about a new tribes and not be let down like T2 and TV?

After so many years is it time to return?
It combines the worst things from T:V and T2, and adds a spoonful of diarrhea on the top.

Tribes is dead.

It's a lot of fun and is definitely tribes. The people hating it are either

- incapable of adapting
- want 1998 back

Play more than 10 minutes then have an opinion. It's fun as shit.

How are the physics and feel?

I believe this is the area that has been missed since T1. Freedom of movement and not feeling confined and heavily weighed down.

Last edited:
GreeD get out of TT and go into the GD thread; there are dozens of keys available where you can just download and play it :D This sub-forum is not a good place to be.

I tend to press the jet button alot, in attempt to ski like Tribes1 because the player will kinda jump.. It feels wrong tho. :( lol

How are the physics and feel?

I believe this is the area that has been missed since T1. Freedom of movement and not feeling confined and heavily weighed down.

Horrible.

Tribes 2 skiing is a thousand times better.

Tribes:Ascend has the most awkward and just generally lame physics/skiing of any Tribes game.

It's incredibly easy, boring and pretty much lacking in dynamism or capacity for improvement. If you can press the ski button you can 'ski' across the mostly flat, uninteresting terrains that Tribes:Ascend has to offer.

You'd think that with all the interaction that's possible with experienced Tribes players they'd get the physics right and not COMPLETELY mess it up...

But Hi-Rez likes to make its own mistakes, it seems.

It's incredibly easy, boring and pretty much lacking in dynamism or capacity for improvement. If you can press the ski button you can 'ski' across the mostly flat, uninteresting terrains that Tribes:Ascend has to offer.

if you believe this then you are terrible @ t:a

gg

also the things we scream loudest about generally are being fixed so dunno what you guys are whining about

did jm5k post again? I have him on ignore but i imagine its something to do with how awesome ascend is when everyone else on the planet disagrees

Back