Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
since there is a server browser now, you can see theres about 1k people playin t:a right now

pretty surprised how many full servers there are honestly

addicted to tribes: ascend now. capping routes like a mufugga. lot of gay shit (i.e. people-seeking missiles) that pisses me off though. techs/engineers can rape way too easily imo

Hi Dodgepong. PAX Prime was a blast and thanks for coming by to talk.
I agree that custom mapmaking would increase T:A longevity and strengthen community. I'm skeptical that it would bring in a lot of new players; but for players who enjoy TA it means new content, fresh ideas, plus the fun of creating/sharing maps for those into that.
And there is no real issue with F2P model since we decided not to charge for maps anyway.
One of the reasons we chose UE3 was the strength of the editor & mod scene. In fact many of our Tribes dev team members have modding/mapping background.
Supporting community/custom maps would involve: - distributing version of UE editor that also includes T:A specific functionality (for example after you make your map you'd want to be able to test skiing/physics) - distributing version of UE editor that doesn't overly expose us to hackers/cheats - deployment system for creators to upload maps and then players to download as needed; plus some review process for hi-rez to prevent/minimize dildo maps.
To do #3 (the deployment part) right, without confusing users, is actually a significant dev effort. It is something we have scoped out & discussed options around, but not yet scheduled.
So, the answer is not 'never'. But it isn't 'coming soon' either.
Thanks for the question/feedback.

HiRezTodd on custom maps: Not 'never', but not 'soon' either. : Tribes

HiRez running about 1 year behind on requests.

If only the stars would align and the Tribes IP ends up in Valve's hands...so we can have Tribes: Milliner.

"Team millinery on an epic scale."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back