Tribes AA

Qpan

Veteran X
I saw a cheap copy and picked it up for the fun of it, And i like it. i miss the tank though :( , but for the 20 bucks mark its a good PS2 game . and i can share Tribes with my console freinds :)

i dont have a ether net adapter. any one that has played this online have any comments. i am thinking about getting one but i want more info on the online play before i spend the money on the ethernet. most of my on line gaming is done on the pc , so i never jumped to get the ethernet for the ps2 .

It's my understanding that T:V would originally have an Xbox port put I believe Sierra decided to scrap that and have Irrational concentrate on the PC version only.

Qpan said:
I saw a cheap copy and picked it up for the fun of it, And i like it. i miss the tank though :( , but for the 20 bucks mark its a good PS2 game . and i can share Tribes with my console freinds :)

i dont have a ether net adapter. any one that has played this online have any comments. i am thinking about getting one but i want more info on the online play before i spend the money on the ethernet. most of my on line gaming is done on the pc , so i never jumped to get the ethernet for the ps2 .
The adapter is cool, particularly if you go buy QCast. BTW, ignore the "PC only" lamas. TAA is a lot of fun and they don't know what they're missing ;)

Thrax Panda said:
Not sure who your inside source is, but he's an idiot and you should kick him in the jimmy. There is no Xbox in the future of T:V

odd, i swore i saw the logo or something xbox related on part of the presentation at uva

The prototype had an Xbox symbol on it because it was going to be an Xbox/PC sku. Then we killed the Xbox sku so we wouldn't have to bottleneck the PC version.

Depending on the continued success of the Xbox, the success of TV, and the expected launch of Xbox2, I would NOT rule out the possibility of an Xbox port, but at this point there are no plans for it.

Thrax, Marweas

I want to ask something, many people on the http://www.TribesAA.com forums have asked and begged for a sequel.

lets suppose that THEORETICALLY a port to PS3/Xbox is possible, AND ONLY IF TribesV is a big success, would you guys consider to release TribesV to the console market?, even if it means stripping some things and removing some of the vehicles?.

I remember hearing the first weeks of TribesAA when everyone was playing its SinglePlayer campaign, and later on playing it online, perhaps a 2-cd combo (one for SP, one for MP) could be feasible.

I really dont know that much about marketing, but its a interesting market to consider since networking adapters will probably be updated for PS3 and future consoles, leaving the online door open for ideas.

Regards
BinderAJ
[KY] Kentucky Rogues

Xbox doesn't need an adpator....:) but it does need Xbox live which costs 70 bucks a year :( lol. Meh its still better then PS2. :)

BinderAJ said:
Thrax, Marweas

I want to ask something, many people on the http://www.TribesAA.com forums have asked and begged for a sequel.

lets suppose that THEORETICALLY a port to PS3/Xbox is possible, AND ONLY IF TribesV is a big success, would you guys consider to release TribesV to the console market?, even if it means stripping some things and removing some of the vehicles?.
If I took just one thing away from doing Tribes Aerial Assault it was that unless you can guarantee mouse and keyboard, console versions of Tribes have to be so vastly different than PC version that it's not really worth doing a port. So no, don't expect us to port T:V to any console.

BUT... I'm not saying we will never do a console Tribes game again. We'd love to do another Tribes title on console, but it would have to be designed for the console from the ground up.

We have nothing in the works atm btw.

Back