Tribes 3

ye validuz, but the problems you have mentioned are the reasons why so many people dropped the game.
the main factors are grapple and shield ( at least in nearly all clans here in europe) and there is no way to get all the people back playing t:v.

so pocketgamer is right in hoping for something else.
but realistically there is either legend, a mod for the new mech game or trying tribes on source engine. all solutions would require a passionate mod team to make it happen. and as far as i can see our biggest hope lies in the legends team as noone seems to step up for a ss2845 tribes mod.
or somone finds a willing source modding team that just needs an idea for what mod to build ;)

Forge the community i meant, not forge the development of the game. Newbs would be able to do this just with their sheer numbers, there's just not enough vets anymore. I'd still like to see someone well versed in the way of all the tribes games at the helm though, they would be able to strike the balance of newb vrs vet while avoiding the pitfalls of the 3 previous games. Someone who isn't afraid to be bold and creative would be nice as well.

Vir said:
Forge the community i meant, not forge the development of the game. Newbs would be able to do this just with their sheer numbers, there's just not enough vets anymore. I'd still like to see someone well versed in the way of all the tribes games at the helm though, they would be able to strike the balance of newb vrs vet while avoiding the pitfalls of the 3 previous games. Someone who isn't afraid to be bold and creative would be nice as well.
im planning some stuff.. one way or another, i intend to work on a tribes-like game on torque, whether it be helping with an existing project, or starting one myself. which i do wont be decided until tonight at the earliest. regardless, im working on figuring out how to combine the best of all three games. this needs to be done..

Vir said:
I accept!

DEbig3 said:
im planning some stuff.. one way or another, i intend to work on a tribes-like game on torque, whether it be helping with an existing project, or starting one myself. which i do wont be decided until tonight at the earliest. regardless, im working on figuring out how to combine the best of all three games. this needs to be done..

Would it not be easier and faster to take say T2 Classic and rebuild from there? Not that a whole new Tribes type game doesn't sound exciting, but it would take years unless you have a team of people.

FatesWarning said:
Would it not be easier and faster to take say T2 Classic and rebuild from there? Not that a whole new Tribes type game doesn't sound exciting, but it would take years unless you have a team of people.
the problem with building from classic is that wed be stuck with all the limitations and problems of a 4 year old engine. its worth the extra time, imo.

I wouldn't be suprised if EPIC buys the rights to Tribes. Its the logical step to Unreal Tournament. It would avoid patent issues. I bet they'd get a good price now.

This thread has made it blatantly obvious to me that the salvation of the tribes series does NOT lie within the community. Look at how retarded it makes people.

The Pumpkin King said:
Dude, you are sooooooooo sooooo far from the truth.

I have a problem with rockets because they take no skill to use and make me carry flares which means I can't have grenades which are fun. Thus the rocket launcher removes fun and skill from the game.

Second, you lumping me in "Thrax's crew of T:V fanboys" is a joke. I said I enjoyed T:V a lot for the several months I played it and got my money's worth, I didn't say the game was god. I am most certainly a T1 fanboy.

You say that I am "Standing in your way". Standing in your way of what? Your precious rejuvination of the tribes genre? You think I don't want that to happen? I just know you won't do it.

I find it very telling that some lanky college student on the other end of the internet's post making fun of you is preventing you from your "HUGE REJUVINATION OF TRIBES YAY!!!" How hardcore are you if my stupid post blocks such a bold movement?

Third, say what you want about thrax, but I played his game and enjoyed it for the short period of time it lasted. Meaning, he gave me 3 months, and many others who played it longer and harder than me a fun game that they could enjoy. This is a positive. He took nothing away from you. He may have fell short of creating the "best game ever," but guess what? So have you, and so have 99% of all people that have ever attempted to make a game.

You're talking down to people that have done more for us then you have. At least thrax and KP listened and talked to us on the forums and stuff and were very nice when they did so. Qix fed us LIES and nothing but LIES, and when the game came out he ran away like a scared little school girl.

Dude. . .. I'm glad you got a few weeks of enjoyment at the rest of our expense. You remind me of the guy in star treck that had to reach the Nexus so he could be happy, at the cost of millions of peoples lives.

You were happy for a few months, but most of us who wanted a game with Tribes gameplay got screwed over royally because not only did we get a game trying to rip it off at best, but it hurt our chances of getting a sequal.

I don't expect that me sitting up here at college will get anything accomplished. I can't build the game my self. That's not my hope. My hope is for the community to start working together. If you wanted another Tribes game then you would help with ways to solve the problem, and stop with your bringing down the people who are trying to get people moving on after the mess T:V left behind. So don't tell me that you want the same thing as me, because if you didn't you wouldn't be crapping on my thread, you would be adding ideas to my plan, and from there we could get a solid plan worked out on how we can get Tribes 3. Nothing is impossible if you just try, but it seems there are several people on here that don't even want to see us try.

Here comes my $0.02 from a T2 vets standpoint:

T1 with better graphics + shocklance. Not perfect, but I thiink once everyone played it, even the t2 vets, we'd all be very happy.

Edit: And please don't defend T:V. You'll look like a fool. Plain and simple, T:Vs netcode is the worst I've ever seen on a game.

Last edited:
Back