TRIBES 1 $ LADDER? Its possible...

Zero said:
jesus christ this is a TERRIBLE idea

nobody is going to pay $10 to play a game that looks like shit and is free to download

50% of people who were good at T1 and ran these teams are fucking gone, forget it man. GAME OVER. GAME OVER MAN.

How is it a terrible idea? You ignorant fuck. Its just a idea of how to keep the game so many loved, alive.

Looks like shit? I dont know about you but i care about gameplay 10x more than looks. Who gives a FUCK about looks if the gameplay sucks?

Are they really gone? Or they just not playing is the question. Who are you? How do you know were everyone is? I bet you cant even name half the people you so speak about.

Ive been here since DAY 1.

sKILLz said:
I disagree. It "woudlnt work" if the insentive isnt there.

Are you guys that fucking cheap you cant afford $10bucks a month? Or just dont want to?

Ok heres some more simple math - 30 teams @ $5 bucks a player, average of 14 players per team. Total = $2100. 2100/14 = $150 bucks a MONTH. You are putting in $5....

Thats is if #1 splits all the $. Say the #1 team gets 50% of the $ per month. The total is $75 bucks each. Leaving $1050 to be split between 2nd and 3rd place.

5 bucks a month you still can earn 10x what you put in, in 1 month.

a) you're assuming that there would be 300+ people willing to play tribes1 base again. There's no way in hell that'll even happen. This is like mitsubishi thinking that 1,000 tribes players would show up to his lan.

b) Nobody is going to pay $5 a month to earn something like $75 or less in prize money.

there would be 2-4 teams that would compete, and the rest just wouldn't be on the same level - not even close.

Jislan said:
a) you're assuming that there would be 300+ people willing to play tribes1 base again. There's no way in hell that'll even happen. This is like mitsubishi thinking that 1,000 tribes players would show up to his lan.

b) Nobody is going to pay $5 a month to earn something like $75 or less in prize money.

Last time I checked putting in $5 dollars to win back $75 was a good deal. Those are good odds to play a GAME.

Im not saying its going to happen Jislan, im merly trying to figuer it out.

This idea is nothing like Mitsubishi thanks..Im not asking for $100 from $1000 people...

Im talking about $5 bucks. I give more away in change to street people per month...

it could be devided up like a poker tourney? 5th place gets money back, 4th double, 3rd triple, 2nd quad, 1st 5x?

Good try, but I personally think there's no chance in hell for this to work. You know all the good players will form onto one or two elite teams. These 2 teams will be in first and second the whole time. This is basically the way t1 has always been, and $ will just go to make this more concrete. And I guess that means everyone will be fighting for 3rd spot. And I guarantee that only 2-3 teams at the max will even have a chance of getting here, and maybe they will switch off 3rd every now and then. Therefore you have 2 teams guarnteed to make $ and one other team that may or may not make anything month to month. You seriously think that if this ever got started up, that the lower teams would stay in the ladder and continue to pay other peoples' paychecks? I highly doubt that. All you will see in this thread are the "elite" players and teams trying to get money in their pockets.

Good try, I love T1 and all, but I doubt this will work :|

Crom said:
there would be 2-4 teams that would compete, and the rest just wouldn't be on the same level - not even close.

And what is the differance in this and any other game?

There is always 2-5 teams that are above the rest. The rest of the ladder practices to beat them. This is nothing knew. It was like this in the HEART of tribes action. At most even when the ladder had 150 teams, there was only 5-8 TOP TEAMS.

I disagree. I think tribes has changed, evolved. Game has been out for so long, its not like 2001. A movie was made and the creator is unknowin to most people in the community. But did the movie kick ass? Fuck ya. Things are NOT the same as 4 years ago. That goes for talent also. I think alot of you so called "VET4s" might be suprised how good some of these people you called "newbies" have got.

:roller: :roller: :roller: :roller:

:signed:

Hell yea, i'd pay 10 a month..... but not to PLAY tribes... 10 a month... to Join a ladder that involves winning prizes... Have a ladder in and of itself.... that requires a subscription to join. Have Dedicated servers, made and supported by the memberships, Admins dedicated to those servers... Preferably non-playing members. Hell ya... i'd pay 20$ a month to join that ladder... get T1 going again.... Give everyone on the ladder something to strive for other than being #1 on a ladder (whoopee)... but if you HOLD that position for a period of time... get a prize... ta'da!... But maybe limit the prizes to so many consecutive times (say 3 perhaps, giving them 3 months on #1)... in case a certain team is 'unbeatable'...and if they go undefeated for 3 consecutive months, and are still #1... then bump them to the bottom, and everyone else bumps up a spot....... Just ideas off the top of meh head

Titteh has agreed.

You can all go home now.

For Titteh is teh Titteh.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

:king:

-Tigger- said:
Good try, but I personally think there's no chance in hell for this to work. You know all the good players will form onto one or two elite teams. These 2 teams will be in first and second the whole time. This is basically the way t1 has always been, and $ will just go to make this more concrete. And I guess that means everyone will be fighting for 3rd spot. And I guarantee that only 2-3 teams at the max will even have a chance of getting here, and maybe they will switch off 3rd every now and then. Therefore you have 2 teams guarnteed to make $ and one other team that may or may not make anything month to month. You seriously think that if this ever got started up, that the lower teams would stay in the ladder and continue to pay other peoples' paychecks? I highly doubt that. All you will see in this thread are the "elite" players and teams trying to get money in their pockets.

Good try, I love T1 and all, but I doubt this will work :|

I hear ya. Thats the thing who knows who would be the top teams? The time and effort that teams put in would be rewarded. It is just a idea :/

I know what you're saying, but I guarntee you know you would be in the top 3, as would just about everyone else who supports this.

The only way to make it fair would be to have random teams, and I doubt anyone would go for that.

I think it's a good idea. Any type of money would keep peps interested... soooo; To play on the ladder would cost $2 bucks a month.... TW keeps .50 of this and the other 1.50 is spilt between the top 3 or 4 tribes (not just the #1)

money makes things interesting... people play the lottery knowing full well they probably won't win, but love to see who does win.....

Last edited:
-Tigger- said:
I know what you're saying, but I guarntee you know you would bo in the top 3, as would just about everyone else who supports this.

The only way to make it fair would be to have random teams, and I doubt anyone would go for that.

Believe it or not I never considered this: I was just trying to figuer out a idea of how to bring back Tribes. I wasnt trying to figuer out a way for me to make $... I would just love to play Tribes again, get that thrill. For some it takes insentive and modivation- $ is a good one.

What this would involve is good leaders to lead teams so they dont break up after a lose. That is what this community has lacked for years. Talented players and effort has never been the problem. It is finding and having the right people channel and lead the talent.

We would need good leaders. This is what we lack.

SeVeReD said:
I think it's a good idea. Any type of money would keep peps interested... soooo; To play on the ladder would cost $2 bucks a month.... TW keeps .50 of this and the other 1.50 is spilt between the top 3 or 4 tribes (not just the #1)

Even the TOP 5 teams could get paid some how, even if its just to pay the montly fee.

It would involve and only involve people that wanted to play the game. Wanted to compete in tribes again.

Im going to try and figuer out some prizes were people didnt have to pay anything and they can still mabye win something- give me a few days =o

Last edited:
sKILLz said:
Believe it or not I never considered this: I was just trying to figuer out a idea of how to bring back Tribes. I wasnt trying to figuer out a way for me to make $... I would just love to play Tribes again, get that thrill. For some it takes insentive and modivation- $ is a good one.

What this would involve is good leaders to lead teams so they dont break up after a lose. That is what this community has lacked for years. Talented players and effort has never been the problem. It is finding and having the right people channel and lead the talent.

We would need good leaders. This is what we lack.

I didn't think you were doing this to make $ ;)

The fact still stands that it is almost guaranteed that there will be 2 solid teams in the top 2 spots and maybe the next 3 teams will change there positions every now and then, but I doubt there will be any changes within the top 5. So even if this lasted 2 months, it would still die quickly, as no one else would see any benefits from putting their money into it after never getting anything back. People, no matter how stupid, won't pay for something that just gets them frustration in return.

Back