Tribalwar wiki article mega thread

Rayn said:
GIS wtfisthat.jpg and you'll find it.
Came up with this:

wtfisthat.jpg

I got thousands of letters of hatemail. I think I got more than enough credit.

The goatse I put up had PLENTY of ID on it.

Ratorasniki said:
finally give me credit for writing that post-9/11 goatse summary, it's been referenced in more places than I can count as 'some admin'.
It's because no one can pronouce your name ...

:D

might be worth metioning that the SWAT 4 expansion - The Stetchkov Syndicate - (developed by Irrational Games, creators of Tribes Vengeance) has an arcade machine in one level called Tribalwar

I haven't searched through this whole thread, so this may have been mentioned, but the whole Ripper "I told you I was hardcore" thing seems to merit a mention as well.

There are linkable syndicated news bits to go along with it.

Unless anyone else has a better idea, I think it's a good idea to divide the article into two main parts: TW's site and the forum.

I finally have had time this weekend to sit down and write out an outline on what I eventually plan on throwing out as my contribution as to what I think the piece about the site should look like:

Site history:
- Started by Rayn, Imposter, and Rat
- started out as tribes news site
- Grew more popular as people moved away from OGL's forums
- Demo database, scripting and mod hosting, tribe hosting
- TSN
- Became unquestioned source for tribes news when members of dynamix and sierra joined the boards
- Skin contest for T:V
- Current TW (general gaming news, digg style thing in the process)

If anyone wants to add anything to that or thinks it's not the best way to go about it, I'm all ears.

I also have a rough outline for the part about the forum, but that's a little more difficult to write. The reason is because I want whoever happens upon our little spot on wikipedia to understand what really sets this forum apart. It's not necessarily rules, but rather the atmosphere. TW feels like some weird social experiment half the time. The other forums are so cut and dry and boring. Anyway I think I can finish that part tomorrow.

I re-wrote the introduction of our article, added an infobox, deleted our internal events section (I'm going to link to the glossary thread for that later) and am about half done with the article I've been writing. That's going to replace the relatively weak stuff we have up right now.

I'll be out of town for the next week and a half or so and then I'll finish up the article. It's a more time consuming process than I thought it'd be because of the whole verification thing and the fact that it's hard to find references which legitimize this place.

Back