[Trans Fat] Why is it in everything?

Funky

Veteran XV
It's in fucking tortilla chips, peanut butter, popcorn, skillet meals, every god damned thing at the store has trans fat in it these days. I'm stuck buying overpriced organic ingredients and premium corn-fed beef because it's the only thing not filled with partially hydrogenated soybean and/or corn oil. Come the fuck on, it can't be that cost-efficient to load every type of food with this crap. I spend twice as long in the store because now I have to check the ingredient list on every food item I want to purchase, because even though it's fucking salsa, made from VEGETABLES, it probably has 3g of trans fat per serving.

I'm gonna have a heart attack in 5 years because everything prepared in restaurants is loaded with the shit, too.

I can just imagine some Animo type jackass sitting in an office, jerking off to a spreadsheet that shows how using trans fat increased profit on popcorn sales by 3 dollars per thousand sold. I going to ram my fist up this guys ass and I'm not going to lube it up with Crisco before I do.

because of its longevity

it seriously never goes bad. that's why. restaurants can keep it in room tempurature storage in its solid form then just put it in a fryer to change it to normal oil

Up until a few years ago you were blissfully unaware of trans fats anyway but now you're going out of your way and paying 2x what you normally would for food...

Stouffer's skillet meals ("Skillet Sensations") don't have any trans fats or preservatives. (At least I think most of them don't. The dumpling one has .5g per serving I think)

Smucker's that makes a "natural" peanut butter. I find it to be much better than regular peanut butter and it doesn't have any crap in it.

DMUVS.jpg

INGREDIENTS: Peanuts, Salt.
Up until a few years ago you were blissfully unaware of trans fats anyway but now you're going out of your way and paying 2x what you normally would for food...

And up to a couple hundred years ago people used to be blissfully unaware of germs and now they go out of their way to wash their hands before cutting someone open.

Last edited:

uhh, 2x as much?

i guess if you're a complete moron and can't read a food label to look for "hydrogenated ___ oil" and just go straight to health food stores then yes, you'd pay 2x as much

but most of the time theres an alternative with the same price in grocery stores

although admittedly you will have to cut out certain foods altogether (hopefully people don't have some kind of emotional attachment to twinkies)

in south florida there isn't transfat in anything except a couple fast food places

every single thing i eat has a huge label on it that sez:

"NO TRANS FAT"

I love the food that says "No Trans Fat" but when you look on the ingredients list, it still has partially hydrogenated oil. It's just less than .5g per serving so they get to round down to 0 and say that it has none. They lower the serving size down to where each serving has <.5g trans fat and then slap a NO TRANS FAT label on the package. Good game!

I love the food that says "No Trans Fat" but when you look on the ingredients list, it still has partially hydrogenated oil. It's just less than .5g per serving so they get to round down to 0 and say that it has none. They lower the serving size down to where each serving has <.5g trans fat and then slap a NO TRANS FAT label on the package. Good game!

There are 200 servings in this 1 ounce bag of chips, NO TRANS FAT.

You'll find that my opinions are correct about 99.9% of the time. If you think opinions can't be right or wrong, you're wrong.

in south florida there isn't transfat in anything except a couple fast food places

every single thing i eat has a huge label on it that sez:

"NO TRANS FAT"

roffle

gee, south florida must be the exception to the rule!

Fats that are solid at room temperature are essentially for manufacturing certain products. When the world got convinced that anything was better then Saturated Fat in the 60-70's they invented hydrogenated vegetable oil(which is solid at room temperature like saturated fat). Only now did they realize we where probably better off w/ coconut oil and butter.

H

Fats that are solid at room temperature are essentially for manufacturing certain products. When the world got convinced that anything was better then Saturated Fat in the 60-70's they invented hydrogenated vegetable oil(which is solid at room temperature like saturated fat). Only now did they realize we where probably better off w/ coconut oil and butter.

To expand on this:

partially hydrogenated oil = corn/soy oil that has been pumped with chemicals

The miracle of modern agriculture is that they can grow corn and then chemically turn it into oils, sugars, grains, and false proteins. One could eat a diet of nothing but corn and never know it.

And our animals eat nothing but corn which they do not well eating. This produces meat low in "good fats" like Omega-3's. (Yes grass/natural fed beef has the same good fat as salmon). It also makes them more prone to sickness which means more antibiotic usage. Weee corn is the best.

Back