To all white sox fans:

F|burt|C

Veteran XX
I know everyone is extremely sick of these baseball threads, so I'll make this extremely quick.

I owe all of you an apology. I never spoke rudely of your team, I never do of any team. I did, however, doubt your organization for the postseason. If they do win the world series they are the most deserving team in the MLB to do so. Watching them play the Red Sox, and then the Angels(who I thought were unstoppable), it just hit me:

-Their pitchers are aces. Who pitches 4 straight complete games in the post season? That's nuts.
-They have amazing chemistry. Sure, Konerko can hit them to mars, but they are very good with runners in scoring position and will always get that clutch single.
-They are fundamentaly sound. They play defense a way that should make any coach cream himself.

So to all white sox fans, I wish you the best. And JMC, who just updated his facebook picture to include him wearing a white sox hat, don't worry.

I knew you were a fan all along

fuck you hater

PS I am a big Cubs fan and I am rooting for the White Sox 100%

It would be nice to have Chicago at the top again, even if it's not the Cubs

Last edited:
:signed:

I was thankful that the Red Sox didn't have to play the Angels in the ALDS. I'm not sure why anymore after seeing the White Sox pound both us and the Angels.

i still hate you chisox faggots

..but id rather see you win, because the astros/cardinals i hate even more

we'll get you next year, go tribe!

the white sox are a 92 win team that drastically outplayed itself by getting career years from about 7 players, and then got hot at the perfect time, and have gotten a few breaks along the way to stay hot. They'll be tough, but as is often the case, they're just the team that got hot at the right time, not the best team in the league, which I know is an unpopular opinion and blah blah blah but the numbers don't lie.

By the way, they don't play small ball, and if that idiot Guillen would stop running Podsednik into outs, they'd be an even better team.

i keep watching these white sox highlights on ESPN

does anyone else see Ozzie Guillen kissing some dude on the mouth in the dugout after they won
wtf

Maniac said:
fuck you hater

PS I am a big Cubs fan and I am rooting for the White Sox 100%

It would be nice to have Chicago at the top again, even if it's not the Cubs

No! I love telling everyone at work how I don't care about the Sox. However it's really not a anti-sox thing, it's more an anti-AL thing.

NL4Lyfe

TwiztiD said:
the white sox are a 92 win team that drastically outplayed itself by getting career years from about 7 players, and then got hot at the perfect time, and have gotten a few breaks along the way to stay hot. They'll be tough, but as is often the case, they're just the team that got hot at the right time, not the best team in the league, which I know is an unpopular opinion and blah blah blah but the numbers don't lie.

By the way, they don't play small ball, and if that idiot Guillen would stop running Podsednik into outs, they'd be an even better team.

How often does the best team in the league win the World Series?

I do agree that they play a dumb brand of offensive baseball that will unfortunately be celebrated if they do win.

not that often, which is why i said that it is often the case that the hottest team wins

Red Sox last year, Marlins, Angels.....all teams that peaked at the right time instead of being dominant all season. Just seems to be a trend.

The focal point is that the White Sox get far too much credit for being anti-moneyball, when they win due to HRs, and they'd win even easier if their manager would get out of the fucking way and leave people on base for those HRs

Honestly, if the cards get to the WS, I'm gonna be torn. Do I root for my NL favorite team, or do I root for my favorite player in either league?

I'm thinking I'll root for my favorite team (I'm a white sox fan, too, because Crede is on the team), but the Cards are just a good team, with great fans, and awesome talent (as are the sox, but I have personal reasons for rooting for them).

TwiztiD said:
not that often, which is why i said that it is often the case that the hottest team wins

Red Sox last year, Marlins, Angels.....all teams that peaked at the right time instead of being dominant all season. Just seems to be a trend.

The focal point is that the White Sox get far too much credit for being anti-moneyball, when they win due to HRs, and they'd win even easier if their manager would get out of the fucking way and leave people on base for those HRs

You are a fucking idiot.

I was in Chicago on Sept 1st and went to a White Sox game, a whopping 17,000 fans (and they were in 1st place). Apparently, there aren't any White Sox fans in Chicago as Chicago is a Cubs town. Apparently those that claim to be Sox fans only go to play off games.

Hell, here in Detroit, the Tiger draw more than that and they SUCK.

Back