[Thx TW!] My BRINK website won Peoples Choice at the PixelAwards

cool!

what is that site written in anyway? like what did you use to do all the data related functions? I know next to nothing and it's limited to xhtml and css.

I've played brink a couple times at a friend's house. For some reason the whole game seems to have a blue tint to it, no matter how I fuck with the graphics options. That alone keeps me from ever wanting to play again.

Oh, and congrats on the award ;)

32 players at peak time, wow
if they had only taken the time for a beta and balancing/bug fixes, theyd be doing alright now

cool!

what is that site written in anyway? like what did you use to do all the data related functions? I know next to nothing and it's limited to xhtml and css.

It was a combination of technologies and companies. ONESite provided the platform for the community features of which were all removed. AgoraGames provided the API for interfacing with the game data that was farmed from an in game hook. Bethesda (publisher) was our client and provided us most of the assets we needed. SplashDamage was the production company and vetted all our design decisions.

I could go into a long and probably extremely entertaining story about how the site came to be and why the game launch was "unsuccessful" but all you wanted to know was technology so here's the list:

* Platform: ONESite's SaaS Community platform
* Server Language: PHP (Initially tried out Java but PHP actually outperformed the Java prototype by a factor of 10)
* Client Language(s): JavaScript/Mustache/LESS
* Game API: Ruby on Rails/Nginx/Varnish

Back