This is for you Trump voters.

If you smoke a joint in an area were it's still illegal and you pop positive you get fired. Real world rules should apply to everyone

but someone on welfare can drink all day and keep getting those benefits?

edualC

i don't entirely disagree with your overall stance, but at some point you gotta realise that these broad generalizations and sweeping statements just make good soundbites...they don't work out so well in reality

Alcohol is legal. I would be all for making it illegal for government benefit eligibility. It should be a helping hand not a give away

but someone on welfare can drink all day and keep getting those benefits?

edualC

i don't entirely disagree with your overall stance, but at some point you gotta realise that these broad generalizations and sweeping statements just make good soundbites...they don't work out so well in reality

Have we ever really tried?

Alcohol is legal.

yeah i think that was kind of my point

you're OK with welfare recipients using taxpayer money on one kind of harmful recreational drug, but not others... :confused:

similar to the MidAir thread, i can draw large conclusions from this small piece of evidence

No.. no way. it's not ok as I said. I'm not concerned about weed.(someone else brought up the joint and I ran with it) I'm talking about the rest cocaine meth pcp, those drugs. Like I said if I had my way alcohol would be a reason to cancel benefits.

ah yea my bad i misread or just plain didn't read your followup sentence, apologies

while we're just talking hypotheticals here, what about if all of those drugs were legal, but you have to have a legit job to buy 'em? :)

i don't give a shit if people want to get fucked up on crack and smack as long as they aren't stealing my stereo to pay for it :shrug:

what if all the money that people spend on drugs went to the govt instead of organised crime :jawdrop:

dang

I guess my point is I have done drugs practically my whole life and yet I still managed to go to work. Having taxes subsidize someone less responsible bugs me

yeah im the same as you in that way, but I think I just consider those people to be practically a different species to me...so I don't really compare myself to them

like, it doesn't bother me that I'm going to work while they're watching daytime tv and getting high. I still feel like I've got the better deal by far :)

maybe part of it is the perception that people on benefits are living a life of ease and luxury while we do all the grafting for them...I've lived around enough welfare scum to see the reality

another point that is relevant (to me at least), is that if your tax money wasn't going to these lazy cunts it'd just be going to some corrupt government asshole or backroom-dealing executive anyway... :shrug: it's sure as hell not going to someone who deserves it

Last edited:
6aIGFlp.png

ah yea my bad i misread or just plain didn't read your followup sentence, apologies

while we're just talking hypotheticals here, what about if all of those drugs were legal, but you have to have a legit job to buy 'em? :)

i don't give a shit if people want to get fucked up on crack and smack as long as they aren't stealing my stereo to pay for it :shrug:

what if all the money that people spend on drugs went to the govt instead of organised crime :jawdrop:

dang

This is the broken window argument. Instead of directly stealing your stereo, you're paying taxes to support their lifestyle, which removes money out of your wallet to buy other things.

This is the problem with universal healthcare, beyond all of the bullshit about big pharma, insurance companies, etc. Once the government is in charge of your health, they will then have the right to dictate your life choices, or we all end up paying for them. Bloomberg and his anti transfat and anti big gulp laws are a tip of the iceberg. Next it will be energy drinks and so on. And a lot of you will be cheering it all on, because it doesn't effect you personally, until it actually does. Then it will be too late, because all of those fucks you ragged on for enjoying a donut and a 32 oz diet coke will be looking at you and laughing their ass off.

This won't end with food, drugs, or anything else ingested. You'll need a license to do anything dangerous, so that the government can tax the shit out of you for doing it.

All of you that support legalization of drugs fail to realize the costs for doing so. Sure, we'd save money on incarceration, but we'd be spending money on hospital costs, treatment, and increased crime from theft to feed their addictions. People addicted to Meth and Heroin aren't normally functioning tax paying members of society.

OK, end of my rambling.

Back