Thinking about going into the clothing business

KingDrew

Veteran X
I first plan on starting with designing t-shirts, but am looking for the best method of doing this. Should I start buy ordering shirts from a local screening shop? Then after I make enough profit, should I buy my own equipment? I already have ideas for the designs and already have a name. I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with t-shirt printing or anything close to that. I'll even offer TW discounts and TW shirts if you guys wanted.

Should I buy a large quantity of shirts?
Should I buy an equal number of sizes (say 10 S, 10 M, 10 L, 10 XL)?
Is there any other information that I might need to know?

Direct all of your questions to :
richardcrippled.jpg

buy xxxxl etc largest sizes and make shirts that the huge fatties will find funny or attractive

All the poor artists on EatPoo do this, and they are still poor and probably make shirts better than you can.

Just a thought.

T-shirts? That's an awesome idea! I'd totally invest in a t-shirt production house, 'cause, you know, it's a niche business and everyone needs t-shirts.

Seriously.

Buy the most mediums and larges, fewer smalls/XLs.
And make damn sure the shirts are so awesome that people will buy them on the spot rather than pass them up in favor of another company's. If they aren't THAT GOOD, they WILL NOT SELL.

this is a really hard venture to come out on top with, just because of the amount of volume you have to move

This lucrative business venture sound so bad that it reeks of juggernaut. Seriously, just forget about it.

Buy the most mediums and larges, fewer smalls/XLs.
And make damn sure the shirts are so awesome that people will buy them on the spot rather than pass them up in favor of another company's. If they aren't THAT GOOD, they WILL NOT SELL.

Thanks for the help. I plan on making them unique.

this is a really hard venture to come out on top with, just because of the amount of volume you have to move

I'm not really trying to compete with the higher brands or to come out on top of it. Probably going to start out selling online first then going on to opening a local store.

T-Shirts are tempting because it's high profit, but like what's been said - if they're not dope, you'll go broke.

I think the only way to be successful with out a ton of money to start is:

1.Have really great original designs
2.Sponsor a certain group(skateboarders/snowboarders/some pro sports player/etc.)
3.Be well connected
4.Re-invest all of your profits...if you ever get that point.
5.Saturate area with your stickers/logos (OBEY clothing is a good example)

Back