Thinking about buying a console, looking for tips.

ReneG8

Veteran X
Got my Wii at my sisters. So I was thinking about a PS3 or a Xbox naturally.

Got a few questions.

Is it still worth it, buying one of these?
Should I wait for the next gen?
Should I buy a used one?
Which games are worth looking into?

1. get resident evil 4 to play on your sisters Wii

2. profit

(xbox is alright :bigthumb: what sort of games are you into? multiplayer? RPG? sports? driving? FPS only?)

Is it still worth it, buying one of these?
Should I wait for the next gen?
Should I buy a used one?
Which games are worth looking into?

Yes.
Next gen is three+ years away.
No, with the failure rates of consoles this generation it'll be dead before the next generation comes along. They're extremely affordable anyway.
Er, how long is a piece of string?

360 is rumored to drop in price at e3...if you need to get one now, newegg has 4 gb on sale with a $50 gc.

Not being in the us, newegg is not an option, but thx anyways. :D

Games: All sorts, I dont have a favourite type. But seeing as the last console I got was an snes, what did I miss and should play?

xbox is 100x better than ps3

1000x if u consider that xbox won't sell your credit card information to russian hackers

I_Have_a_DreamCAST_by_les_cerceaux.jpg

There are literally like a billion games for the 360 you could potentially have a great time with. How about you tell us what kind of games you like so there's somewhere to start?

There are literally like a billion games for the 360 you could potentially have a great time with. How about you tell us what kind of games you like so there's somewhere to start?

Here is the thing.

I liked Need for Speed as well as Civilization. I'm a huge sucker for Elite, as well as Zelda. At the moment I enjoy LoL and Starcraft II multiplayer. I occasionally play TF2 but suck at CS majorly (nowadays).

These are just examples.

So I can't say I like fps more than strategy games. So my question boils down to: What games on the xbox are worth having, regardless of genre preferences?

i have a ps3. i enjoy the games i have on the ps3. my only complaint is the online setup.

it's not that PSN sucks, or doesn't do what i want from the online network. It's that the PSN community sucks at shooters. I can pick up pretty much any shooter, having never played it before, and within a very short time have a 2:1 kdr. Not because I'm some amazing FPS player, but because 95% of the community sucks at shooters.

This typically leads to the online version of games dieing very quickly. Because most of the people who bought the game suck at it, and quickly stop playing. After all, what fun is there in playing a game where you get your ass kicked nonstop? (the CoD series is the exception, but thats a shitty shooter so who cares)

So i kind of wish I had an xbox... it sounds like online fps's thrive over there compared to PS3.

Now that blu-ray players are so cheap, it's hard to use that as a justification of the PS3... really comes down to what kind of games you want to play, online vs single player, and if you're attached to any console-specific series or not...

Last edited:
Since multiplayer sounds like something you would do, definitely xbox. Getting a used slim console isn't a big deal (would not under any circumstance get a used fat), in fact I picked one up with 2 controllers and 5 shitty games for $130 (only paid that because the console was moddable).

As far as games go, some good SP games (I tend to like story driven games):
-Assassin's Creed Trilogy (don't get turned off by the first one, the second and third are way better...the only reason I played through the first was for the story)
-Mass Effect 1/2
-Red Dead Redemption
-GTA IV
-LA Noire (though since you have a backlog of games, I'd probably get this later and save cash since this is new)
-Gears of War 1/2 (Also good multiplayer)
-Halo series (Reach is the only game I really play on XBL)
-Forza Motorsport 3 (If you like racing)
-Batman Arkham Asylum
-Splinter Cell Conviction
-Alan Wake

This should be good enough to get you started. There are also a ton of really good XBLA games.

Back