The Wheel of Time

mongors

Veteran XX
Who else is awaiting Cross Roads of Twilight to be released?

If you are it comes out January 7th! So close.. now why Jordan didn't have it be released before Christmas and make thousands as people scrambled to find it to give as a gift, I just don't know.

Anyways, just thought I'd post an update to anyone who reads WoT.

Oh, and this is Lyon, so don't flame mongors if anyone finds this post unacceptable. My account is out of commission at the moment and I'm borrowing his to make this post.

I Stopped reading after that abomination Path of Daggers. I will read them all IF he does not die before finishing them.

Well you guys just make sure to post how good it is rated on these criteria...

Are there more than 1-2 chapters full of useless Aes Sedai hunting out black ajah?

Are there more than 3 chapters that serve no purpose other than reminding is that Faile frustrates Perrin?

If the answer to either of these questions is yes please make a post that reads 'book 10 is nothing but shameless filler like book 8 was'

Thank you for your help
-Booty

Fair enough, booty. Though if it focuses on Egwene, as it seems like it will, I don't see how there will be any more than 3 billion chapters about Aes Sedai foolery. Such is the WOT series though.

And as for Faile and Perrin, I'm ambivalent. I rather like Perrin's character, and they're a bit inseperable at this point, so it's hard to say.

I just don't understand the big Matrim fan base, personally.

Though, in the end, I just want more Aiel.

He needs to end it soon. It's drug on too long, and at this rate, it's gonna take another 10 books just to get to Shayol Ghul...

"My editor claims that for me, a short story means fifty thousand words." - Robert Jordan

Edit: And remember, Faile was kidnapped by the Shaido...

1.) Book 8 blew ass. Book 9 started out with that special brand of ass, and gradually got better.

2.) By the time you get the next book, you forget what the hell was going on. So you stumble through the book or you start over again.

3.) Hopefully book 10 won't be so damn political. Book 1-5 were great because they didn't go too in-depth with all the damn politics. I dont think there has been a Trolloc in the past 4 books. How dumb is that?

uh, no. the myrrdral are the pale worm-like things that are really good fighters, or something. i think, anyway. could be wrong, been a couple years since i read the books.

trollocs are men-like bodies with animal heads. like, bird heads, goat heads, etc. they are stupid in my opinion.

in fact, wheel of time is fucking gay. i hate it. you're all faggots for liking it!

that doesn't sound right. they weren't really worm-things, but i think jordan described their faces like maggots, or something. so i always imagined them as earthworm jim comin out of black robes.

lol...

wot is such a fuckin rip-job its not even funny..

yeah im right about the mydraal. they're the creepy hunter dudes in black robes.

While these stories are untrue, the truth is bad enough. They have tall, muscular bodies, and move with a serpent’s speed and grace. Their skin is a pale white, and a Halfman could almost be mistaken for a man except for the lack of eyes.

Mydrral are the pale things that ride horses and seem to be leaders of the trollocs (?) it's the thing that kept freaking people out in the first book.

Trollocs are the generic orc things that're men with animal heads and goat/animal/whatever Jordan decides as feet.

I'm looking foward to the book because it seems that after Book 9 the male power wielders have got to just start unleashing thier power everywhere and putting the women in their place. This equates to action, action good. Thus my hopes are high.

Back