The Power of NEWSGROUPS

:jawdrop:

a.b.w.pocketpc.movies

btw, i use agent - there may be a reader that works better, but this is the one i have used for about 5 years

boobbounce2.gif

there was a NG thread a few days ago - when i bumped this thread - was something about a server that allowed like 2 gigs down a day for under 15 bucks a month - great buy - also said it had great retention

For Binaries (ahem "stuff") By far plunk down the 10 dollars for www.easynews.com or another. www.giganews.com and get 6 gigs of transfer, and file hold retention for 30 days. They have multiple servers then get nearly 95% of every binary post.

To cut it simply:

1. use www.nfonews.com to search for what you want
2. goto said group at www.easynews.com and que up all 130 files of a "program for research only" to say que #1 (holding pen for all 130 files)
3. click download next to que #1 (here comes a giant zip file with all 130 files in 1 .zip)

4. unzip and un rar. Enjoy

If your missing a few rars hopefully you downloaded the Par files
par, p01, p02, etc. These are parity files that rebild lost files or corrupt ones. use FSraid in thraxes link to rebuil the files you missed downloading.

Sometimes if I have a iso thats 10 rars big, but i can get at least 6 par files. usually fsraid can rebuild all 10 files out of just my downloaded 6, thus saving download time.

If your confused its not hard. Hit me up in irc.

Gon I havent heard any info on par2. any good reading on it?

DiRtNaP said:
For Binaries (ahem "stuff") By far plunk down the 10 dollars for www.easynews.com or another. www.giganews.com and get 6 gigs of transfer, and file hold retention for 30 days. They have multiple servers then get nearly 95% of every binary post.

To cut it simply:

1. use www.nfonews.com to search for what you want
2. goto said group at www.easynews.com and que up all 130 files of a "program for research only" to say que #1 (holding pen for all 130 files)
3. click download next to que #1 (here comes a giant zip file with all 130 files in 1 .zip)

4. unzip and un rar. Enjoy

If your missing a few rars hopefully you downloaded the Par files
par, p01, p02, etc. These are parity files that rebild lost files or corrupt ones. use FSraid in thraxes link to rebuil the files you missed downloading.

Sometimes if I have a iso thats 10 rars big, but i can get at least 6 par files. usually fsraid can rebuild all 10 files out of just my downloaded 6, thus saving download time.

If your confused its not hard. Hit me up in irc.

Gon I havent heard any info on par2. any good reading on it?

i use http://alt.binaries.nl/ to search for shit

is that 6 gigs a month? - i DL like 2 gigs every 24 hours

I am the newsgroup MASTAH now.

I started with Agent, went to XNews, now I'm using GrabIt and it's the best program I've used for newsgroups so far so I'm sticking with it. Ever since I lost my special ftp connections about a year ago I've been using newsgroups and it's worked out well. Not exactly 0day a lot of the time, but it's pretty close.

[meph]DarkDonut said:
I am the newsgroup MASTAH now.

I started with Agent, went to XNews, now I'm using GrabIt and it's the best program I've used for newsgroups so far so I'm sticking with it. Ever since I lost my special ftp connections about a year ago I've been using newsgroups and it's worked out well. Not exactly 0day a lot of the time, but it's pretty close.

why do you like it better than agent?

Sircle said:
i use http://alt.binaries.nl/ to search for shit

is that 6 gigs a month? - i DL like 2 gigs every 24 hours

I find that nfonews.com is fairly decent for putting up notices of new posts. But I guess a combo of alt.binaries.nl and nforce.nl would be even better, but a tiny bit more work...

I'm pretty much well the same with the downloads. Most days I queue up about 2-3GB to download while I'm at work.

Last edited:
[meph]DooM! said:
im pretty sure you dont need a user/pass for the rr news servers. they authenticate based on ip, which keeps them free from other leecherz :eek:

i dunno what your news servers are, it dependz on your location. mine is news-server.kc.rr.com. theyre rather fast too, i get 230k off mine

just go get grabit (http://www.shemes.com/grabit/), find out your news server and away you go

ugh
have cable through earthlink in KC (basically RR altho i dont get the 3 megabit down i did only about 1.5-2 :/) and its shit RR was better here :/
if newsgroups in KC are better with RR i prob switch back, heh sucks worse with everest (Ks side only i think) with fricking low d/l limit

Never in my online career have I had a reason to warez.

There's no god damn point.

Games? Movies?

Pfft... I get most games for the box art.

Sircle said:
why do you like it better than agent?

GrabIt has a much easier interface, can DL 1-8 articles at a time with easy to use checkboxes, and for some reason, allows me to download faster. I'm using 1.4.7 now and it works awesome. you should try it

Back