the official i have sc4 and you dont nah nah nah poo poo thread

Dangerdoggie said:
If you open up the sim city 4.ini file in the Apps dir you can change your mode of graphics operation:

Code:
 [Current Graphics Driver]
 Driver = C4554841 ;OpenGL Hardware
 ;Driver  = 7ACA35C6 ;GRPoly Software
 ;Driver = BADB6906 ;DX7 Hardware

I changed mine to OpenGL.

Does it help performance? aka for geforce 4?

|vm| said:
yea, but not if i run it from the SimCity4/ directory, instead of Apps/

CD2 had an error in the bin file- and deviance released a .rar and .sfv that had ppfomatic and a file to fix the bin for cd2. Perhaps that could be it?

For the parsing error, all I did was rename the fixed EXE from "SimCity.4.exe" to "SimCity 4.exe" take out the first "." and it worked fine

Jaydn said:
For the parsing error, all I did was rename the fixed EXE from "SimCity.4.exe" to "SimCity 4.exe" take out the first "." and it worked fine

LMFAO if this is the reason everyone else is getting the error, imma LIMFAL until i ... get off of work. I saw the crack file and I was like 'ok gotta rename it' it just seemed so obvious to me.

Jaydn said:

bingo, newer ea titles auto-launch after install, thus the errors. I don't know about performance, but when I saw dx7 I just thought that was way too old and changed it to OpenGL.

It does look like an International version (the Korean one) but works well enough for me.

TripLe said:
oh and

CTRL-ALT-SHIFT. Then while holding click god mode to re-enable terraforming

CTLR-TAB-X then type the following

Stopwatch - pause clock
whattimeizit - set time of day
whererufrom - change city names
hellowmynameis - change mayor name
you don't deserve it - all rewards availible
sizeof - increases magnification
weaknesspays - adds $1000
fightthepower - no power reqs on buildings
zoneria - hides empty zone colors
tastyzots - toggles zots
howdryami - remove water reqs

Wait... there's a cheat to pause? Does that mean you can't pause normally?

plz give me bin and cues thx, will give u 10 DOLLARS! Can't seem to get a working dl.

irc - opium if you care

Back