The Grilled Cheese Chicken Sandwhich (pics)

Last night I made caramel chocolate brownies. It's a layer of brownies, then melty chocolate chips, caramel, and more brownie. Good stuff.

If there's interest, I can post the recipe with tips.

This sucker is bookmarked, I am trying this out next time I have chicken patties and montery-jack cheese.

if youre in a rush cook the sandwich open faced, that way both sides of the sammich are cooked at the same time, also put a lid on it and the chicken will stay nice and juicy.

ultravioletuf said:
Last night I made caramel chocolate brownies. It's a layer of brownies, then melty chocolate chips, caramel, and more brownie. Good stuff.

If there's interest, I can post the recipe with tips.

:slurp:

I haven't baked in a while, I need to get my bake on.

Currently I'm attempting this recipe in my George Foreman grill. Heres hoping for a throughly enjoyed 2am...um meal.

brownies are nice and all, but they cannot possibly hope to defeat the unstoppable juggernaught that is chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies

I cook all the time, just about daily, and not little things like grilled cheese. I cook meals; pork roasts, whole chickens, anything grill worthy. I have lots of recipes for any thing you could think of. So if anyone does start a recipe thread I have lots of ammo.
I already have my first submission in mind: Chicken in milk. The juiciest chicken ever dawgs.

I love this recipe! My manager from last year gave me the tips. Every girl I've talked to has been interested in the recipe or wanted to try my brownies. :D

I have spent so much of my summer home baking... I think I'm actually going to miss the time in the kitchen with my mother when I go back to school. And I know that sounds kind of stereotypical, but... oh well. Keeping occupied in the kitchen is a way for me to rid myself of a bad mood.

1 pkg. (18.25 oz) German Chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup evaporated milk
35 caramels (10 oz pkg.)
2 cups (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in butter and 2/3 cup evaporated milk - batter will be thick. Spread half of batter into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk (1/3 cup) in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle morsels over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture. Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture. Try to get as much coverage as possible, but the batter will expand to cover most of the caramel mixture.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until centre is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.

Enjoy! YUMM!

DrJacabo said:
I cook all the time, just about daily, and not little things like grilled cheese. I cook meals; pork roasts, whole chickens, anything grill worthy. I have lots of recipes for any thing you could think of. So if anyone does start a recipe thread I have lots of ammo.
I already have my first submission in mind: Chicken in milk. The juiciest chicken ever dawgs.
change it to chicken cordon bleu and I will construct a small shrine in your honor.

and uffie, how can you do that to a german choclate cake mix? I like carmels and all, but thats so rich that I'd explode from hydrostatic sugar-shock.

Last edited:
Excel said:
brownies are nice and all, but they cannot possibly hope to defeat the unstoppable juggernaught that is chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies

I'm not much into oatmeal cookies. I keep my breakfast separate from my dessert. ;) I think my caramel chocolate brownies would put up a good fight against chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

I have other fun desserts, too. And main recipes, especially chicken ones. I love cooking!

DrJacabo said:

Chicken in milk? Go on, go on - sounds like osmething fun to try - how you do that?

I'm an egg/chicken kind of guy. Combine either of those two things with cheese, and I am a happy moonman.

Excel said:
and uffie, how can you do that to a german choclate cake mix? I like carmels and all, but thats so rich that I'd explode from hydrostatic sugar-shock.

and excel, please call me violet or chelle. uffie just seems weird.

I can and just did that to a German chocolate cake mix. It's good, and it's not too sugary, even for people who aren't as into chocolate as I am. =P

And about eggs and chicken - what if we used eggs to coat the chicken so the breading mix would stick to it? Does that count? I have a lovely Italian breaded chicken recipe.

Last edited:
Good or not, you are the number one cause of diabetes in america :D

... and German Chocolate Cake (like streussel) needs no modification, its delicious on its own.

Excel said:
Good or not, you are the number one cause of diabetes in america :D

... and German Chocolate Cake (like streussel) needs no modification, its delicious on its own.

I am not the number one cause of diabetes... Can we not go there, actually? It's kind of a painful subject for me.

I don't like German chocolate cake, only in this brownie recipe.

Back