The great storage war caper!!

ReCurve

Contributor
Veteran XV
First off I would love to pull this caper off, not so much for the cash but for the thrill off screwing one of those auction hunter “Storage Wars” type assholes. The reason I’m posting this here is well for the feedback and maybe for few laughs. I know that by posting this here it will pretty much guarantee that I won't try to do this, besides I'm too lazy to do all the ground work and I know it's just wrong.

I had lunch today with an old girlfriend from high school, her sister owns a couple of apartment complexes and recently she built a large storage place near the apartments. She runs the storage place for her sister, and also lives on site. So the topic of the Storage wars type TV shows came up, and she answered a lot of questions I had about that auction stuff we all see on TV. Seems my friend’s auctions do really well for the most part, she has a very loyal following that tend to pay a lot of money for her units for several reasons.
First off she's about 500 feet away from Air Force Base; military people tend to move a lot, buy cool shit overseas, cheat on their wives and have their whole life fall apart overnight. The next reason they go so well according to the auction guys is because she's honest and doesn't cherry pick the unit before the sale. So having a good reputation helps drive the price up.

The part I found interesting about the conversation was this; say the renter owes her $500 on the unit, if the auction raises $501 she has to mail the renter a check for one dollar. At this point in the conversation flashbulb went off over my head. Are you guys ready for the plan?
Step one. Ask your buddy who just lost his house and is declaring bankruptcy to rent two units side-by-side.
Step two. Load the units up with good-looking boxes. This step would take a little time to find decent boxes, craftsman pressure washer box from behind Sears, Dewalt tools empty box from behind Home Depot, empty ammo boxes from the range. Free motorcycle from craigslist wrapped in bubble wrap. You get the idea. Free stuff on craigslist, projection TV, busted washer and dryer.

Step three. Stage the units well; make the good stuff visible sort of, everything nice and tight clean. So basically it looks like a full bird colonel just gave his trophy wife nice case of the clap.

Step four. Sit back and wait for the check

Cliffs: rent a storage unit
Fill it with fancy boxes
Stop paying rent
Film the auction
Watch the dirt bag pay way to much
Film him when he realizes he just got fucked and is taking a very expensive load to the dump.
Post vid on youtube, and wait for the cops to come.

Last edited:
I watch that show religiously for one reason only:

Brandi :hungry:
phiLr.png

96e0g.jpg

other than that I cant stand anyone else but her bf Jarrod :)

rofl i was just thinking the same thing today. but my plan was just to troll the buyers i had no idea the renter got sent a check rofl.

some fake handle bars under a tarp making it look like a motorcycle. AWWW YEAAAA

rofl i was just thinking the same thing today. but my plan was just to troll the buyers i had no idea the renter got sent a check rofl.

some fake handle bars under a tarp making it look like a motorcycle. AWWW YEAAAA

once a week I see a free bike on craigslist, grab it then find a BMW, or even better trashed on one side chrome BSA or Triumph tank and cover the bike up with the chrome tank exposed 2k right there

Ok, how about instead of making it a one time thing you actually pitch it as a reality show where you set up different storage auction scams each week, get your hidden camera pics of the fail buyer raging or whatever, and then come clean at the end candid camera style.

Week 2 we could get Osmethae's crew to stage some area 51 alien artifact/nazi conspiracy set discreetly disguised for the payoff. And so on...

I defaulted on 2 storage units filled with 75,000 cardboard shipping boxes once. I hope someone bid on those sons of bitches.

:sunny:

Back