The day I realized WoW is for queers.

bud

Veteran X
So, like many of you, I'm a college student who used to spend alot of time in front my computer screen, being fascinated with purples and +Spell Damage and alot of other pre contrived Warcraft shit. I also had alot of "friends" that I made, that was clearly the best part of the game. Talking on ventrillo on and PvPing, playing eachothers characters, fucking around, etc.

I also met this kid in one of my classes who played World of Warcraft, and I'd talk about it from time to time with him.

There is a certain awkwardness about talking about WoW, even on Ventrillo.

For example:

"Wow, my fireshock just crit for 3000!"

"Check out my Staff of Dominance. Isn't it, cool, and long?"

"I really want the Lok'Amir il Romathis from Nefarian in Blackwing Lair".

Okay, on Ventrillo, everyone plays WoW, so it really wasn't that awkward on there. Not awkward, but still blatantly homosexual. At least I was in the confines of my room, with no one listening. That way I could be as blatantly homosexual as I wanted on Vent without anyone knowing. It was my little secret. World of Warcraft.

Till I realized it was World of Fagcraft.

One day, I hopped into the elevator with 3 other college girls, and this WoW player I knew coincidentally comes into the elevator with us.

"Hey dude, you still playing WoW"

(oh god no, please don't bring this shit up now. what the fuck is this kid trying to do.)

"Uh... yeah man"

"OH did you hear about the new servers they're putting up? I have a 60 mage that I'm transferring from Archimonde to Mug'thol... The guild is in Ahn Qiraj and we're have like all the bosses on farm status"

I immediately turned toward one of the girls, just to see her reaction. Her eyebrows were crooked in a "what the fuck is this kid talking about" kind of way. I smiled and looked at the ground. Talk about awkward. Being in a crowded elevator with 3 hot girls and a WoW faggot. LOL.

Luckily, I was only going to the 5th floor, so I was only in there for 10 seconds. But that experience alone was enough to make me want to quit.

"Uh... yeah man. That's cool. See ya later."

I told him see ya later just like I told all those internet bitches that I met that I was leaving. It was the best day of my life.

Now I hope all of you go die in a fire and rid yourselves from this earth.

:)

Wow way to treat wow like it matters, and way to give a shit about what strangers think about what you're talking about. I'm sure video games are your problem!

See, your first mistake was telling that kid you played WoW, period.

I would readily admit I'd be rather ashamed to talk about WoW in public...then again, I think I'd be ashamed to talk about Tribal War in public. This Internet nerd self-loathing thing is a healthy response, I think, but hardly a unique mark of personal success. If it wasn't WoW, I'm sure that kid would have lobbed nerdy wisdom about Tribal War at you if you had made the mistake of telling him about it.

you are a huge pussy.

fucking talk about whatever you want and get tang also.

you are just having a hard time admitting you're a god damn nerd.

He makes a legitimate point about quitting the game...problem is, he gets so self-righteous about it that it tends to erode the logical high ground he tries to take.

Last I checked, the point of summiting Mount Adversity was to give others a leg up the final push, not to just plant your flag and laugh at the losers struggling below you. That's the wrong message to send.

You're an angsty faggot who's mad he wasted his time playing a game he was probably obsessed with in the time he played.

To most it's just a hobby mixed in with the rest of the real world of working, school, relationships and family.

To some it's their only social escape from the real world and they eat, sleep and breathe the shit.

You definately sound like you were #2.

Play the game and enjoy it or quit and move on but talking bad or down to others still wishing to play about something you yourself spent countless hours pining over purples FOR THE BEST GEAR EVAH on your priest is hypocritical and comedy at best.

There isn't a girl I've ever met that would give two shits I slay dragons in my off time aside from calling me a nerd. Learn to stop sucking at life.

Bud you are one stupid fucking retard. My guess is your guild didnt like you or you didnt get along with them so you quit and now attack people that enjoy the game. I've seen it happen to a lot of people.

I am sure you didn't have a chance with those girls before wow conversation came into the elevator.

who cares what those girls though. you know they might of laughed at you but i bet they could tell how embarrassed you were. woman like confidence. i am sure you looked really confident allowing yourself to get all upset over this kid trying to talk to you. spineless sack of shit.

Dude, you could have gotten onto the elevator with 3 college girls, or three dozen, you still have zero chance of ever getting laid.

So you're all upset that someone embarrassed you in front of 3 women you'd never say more than 'Hi' to in real life? Obviously if you had such a great life to come here and hold it over our heads you'd have the balls to be proud of whatever hobbies you take part in outside your general everyday activities of work, family, school, etc.

I also don't run around telling people I play world of warcraft, but I'm not too pussy to admit it and bullshit a little about it with those who know I do play the game. I have fun playing the game in moderation, I've had fun playing the game for ~2 years now (started 1-2 months after release), and I'll continue playing until I don't find any enjoyment in the game anymore.

One thing I won't do is be a pussy and not be able to talk openly about things I enjoy. I could give two fucks how hot 3 girls that won't give you the time of day in an elevator think, those same girls would still fuck me and then watch me get out of bed to slay some dragons while they watch TV, read or sleep. I should know, I'm married to one of those women and I live through this shit 7 days a week. She makes fun of me, tells my friends I play a nerd game with a bunch of overweight pimply nerds all evening, but it's what I enjoy and if people have a problem with it they can go fuck themselves.

I talk about WoW all the time with people in real life. People laugh at me as well, but who cares? Obviously you're too worried about impressing random people with what you think they care about, which speaks volumes about your self.

I find people who have trouble dealing with something tend to make fun of it as a way to cope with the loss. Apparently, 3.5 million faggots play this game, and you're the only one to realize the truth. Good for you! You're an idiot!

Lol, what a pathetic thread. Play it or don't. I doubt many here care.

Oh no, complete strangers may think im weird. PANIC!!!!!!11111111

I never ever talk to anybody IRL about WoW. I am a CLOSET NERD (to an extent kekeke)

And if you got that embarrassed and shut down by 3 girls at the mention of WoW, makes me think that you have no self-confidence (probably for good reason)

I was a on vent with some people my roommates fiance knows, they are one of the top guilds on the server and all they did was gossip about other people and other guilds and about how some guild wiped on some boss. I just didn't have anything to talk about with them so I left after we did a instance.

Back