The best type of internet connection?

B-A-L-L-Z

Veteran X
I've been stationed in Germany for the last 3 years and have been limited to strictly DSL (they didn't offer any other options except dial-up). Now that I'm back to the states, what is the best form of internet connection for gaming and surfing the web? In my area they have DSL, cable AND satellite to choose from but I've been away for so long I don't know which one to choose! :eek: Need some help here...

Pros and cons for each plz. Thx.

satellite != for gaming
cable varies from region to region
DSL is your best bet

unless they've gotten more bandwidth the cable here was overloaded :/

I'm really happy with my DSL though, UUnet backboned = good ping :)

B-A-L-L-Z said:
I've been stationed in Germany for the last 3 years and have been limited to strictly DSL (they didn't offer any other options except dial-up). Now that I'm back to the states, what is the best form of internet connection for gaming and surfing the web? In my area they have DSL, cable AND satellite to choose from but I've been away for so long I don't know which one to choose! :eek: Need some help here...

Pros and cons for each plz. Thx.

Lo ballz :)
[yeye offtopic sue me]

Well I wasn't having any problems with my cable until I got home tonight....here is my ping:

www.attbi.com111302.png

www.tribalwar.com111302.png

Looks like either Attbi has a bad router in your area or they are doing some maintenance. (probably maintenance, however the other is possible).
Same thing happened here in the Chicago area, and it stayed that way for quite a while. We had to constantly complain until they gave in and admitted the problem was on their end and fixed it. :disgust:

DSL is subject to oversubscription, just as much as Cable is. It's just that there are alot more people on Cable, then DSL. It depends on your area, though... like everyone else is saying.

I have ATTBI cable and lately it's been sucky. I'm supposed to get 1500/1500 KBits, but it's been averaging 500. This really sucks, it's 1/3rd the speed it's supposed to be.

Two Co-Workers with DSL have the same story. Ran DSL Reports, only getting 100 Kbits.

Everyone needs to call their cable company and complain.

Back