[Test] 3 notes per string vs Caged

So I bought a used pedal from Guitar center it was supposed to be a Used MXR CSP101SL Custom Shop Phase 90 With Led.. basically a reissued 1974 phase 90 pedal with a led added.

They sent me an obviously used mxr 1974 vintage phase 90... the real deal from 1974 :lol:

Worth just a tad more than the 60 Paid. There are 2 on reverb.. 1 is 2500 but it was owned by peter gabriel and the other is 300.

Score

Update. I sold the 1974 Phase 90. I bought the reissue that I originally wanted and used the rest to buy The Blues pedal and the DS1. DS1 is a classic. You all have heard it if you listened to rock from the late 70s though 80 and beyond.

I don't use it much.. I play Gilmour stuff the most The Pro Co Rat takes care of that. but you mix the rat with the ds1 and you get some cool tones

20180729_092330.jpg

:lol: Just piece of bowed wood and a piece of molding. I used a orbital sander to shape it and shot a coat of sealant on it. 5 bucks

Edit, Show me your rack Alvarez!

Last edited:
One of the most important things that makes most guitarists break out of their shell I have found is memorize in this order the names and forms for

Major, Dorian, Phyrigian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Minor, and Locrian

once students understand every note of every key has its own scale and they match the modes above they learn how they connect and can lead in any key afterwards.

So simple if you can get past the weird "ian" names.
do you have any tips and/or resources you'd recommend on this subject?

ST's videos will probably help to fill in the blanks when I get around to them

Catching up on vids and I noticed Alvarez has a digitech jamman looper also. TC just put out a new looper. Their ditto is awesome and the only reason I went with digitech was because of the flash drive. Moving files with a card is way cool.

This is the new one. It has a mic so in live situations it will adjust the tempo to follow the drummer.. not massive time changes .. just subtle. Pretty freaking cool. It also has a mode where you can record a loop and the tap different tempos in as you play.

I am interested.

cool, I've watched a number of his videos but not this one (wow it's long)

i have a whole curriculum set up for me thx to this thread :rocker:

Alvarez pedal board shamed me so I bought a pedal board and accidentally bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe iv too.

Be here friday :flag:

Go to 25:00 and watch about 3 mins. These guys let it all hang out. Probably one of their best jams. That should inspire damn near anyone

Last edited:
I actually did that in reverse.. I bought the amp and picked up another pedal so I needed a bigger board heh. I have GAS really bad

Proper amp and proper pedal board now. This is the most widely used amp for a reason. It is loud though so if you got neighbors.. prob a no go. I am running the stock Celestion a-type 12" speaker and also running a Cannabis Rex 12" in the cabinet.

I should have got it before I got the super champ but now I can run a stereo setup.

I am replacing the white delay pedal with a TC Flashback. Then the effects loop will be all stereo pedals. Be here monday

20180805_070144.jpg

20180805_070139.jpg

I finally drove somewhere that had a lot of guitars in stock. I wanted to try a bunch of PRS guitars before I order one. I was impressed with the custom 24's. Very nice and very expensive. The lower end models are just not worth it imo though.

I also tried a bunch of other guitars.. I didn't go there to try strats.

but then....

20180806_170341.jpg

Fender Elite with a shawbucker pickup and exclusive noiseless single coils. $1899.00. So half of what a PRS would be. They only had one so I don't know much about the elite series... maybe they are all this nice but this one was perfect.

Has a lead button near the tone knobs.. bypasses everything and sends the bridge humbucker straight 0ut. No volume ore tone adjustment. So you can dial in a nice sound and then 1 click and you are rocking some full force.

Also has a switch in volume control that changes the pickup from a parallel to series which is a completely different sound but also give you different pickup configurations. With the S1 switch they call it.. you have 10 different sounds.

It plays so awesome. Best guitar I have ever held imo

Back