Telling your kids about Santa

Lioneln

Veteran X
What do you guys think? Is it immoral to play into this lie and take steps to convince your children that Santa is real, only to have them disappointed? Should we just tell them that Santa isn't real, and that we bought them their presents? Does the disappointment (the realization that this blithe, just character does not exist) scar Christian children for life, making them unable to trust their hopes and dreams, while destroying their faith that a divine goodness will judge the wicked and reward the good? Is that why they are so envious of the Jews?

santaslittlehelpersmw4.jpg

sexy_santa.jpg

leg81045.jpg

Sexy%20Christmas%20Female.jpg

Last edited:
they figure it out around 8-9 years old

mine did

I used to think santa was awesome when I was a kid

my daughter is 8...she told me she doesn't believe in santa...so i told her he's probably going to bring you coal then since you don't believe in him anymore....she changed her mind :p

I've struggled with this, as I have a 3.5 year old. I finally decided that it's good for kids to believe in all the happy, fairytale bullshit for a few years before the the crushing reality that is their life finally hits them.

It's good to develop a happy world of false truths when you are a child. It gives you a level of joy and euphoria that you can always vacation to and retreat to as an adult. It also makes it easier to relate to the simple things in life that bring you smiles by having these projected fantasies of your innermost feelings as a tike.

if they get to 7 dress up like santa and have your wife fuck you loud enough to wake them up

when they see mommy fucking santa take the beard off and yell RAWR

they will know then

It's good to develop a happy world of false truths when you are a child. It gives you a level of joy and euphoria that you can always vacation to and retreat to as an adult. It also makes it easier to relate to the simple things in life that bring you smiles by having these projected fantasies of your innermost feelings as a tike.

That's a good point. But what happens when the truth clashes with that fantasy, and the child is left to reconcile what happened? Doesn't it instill the notion that pure happiness is a falsehood, is only associated with childhood, and that anyone who condones the purest happiness is probably full of shit? I know that's how I feel in my adulthood. Not to say I'm depressed and don't believe in happiness, but I have to admit that I don't have much hope in some transcendental power that will reward me when I'm good. And I look back on childhood fairy tales with shades of contempt. Maybe that's inevitable with all fairy tales because they're inherently lies. I just think that the conflict between reality and fairy tale has an effect.

I dont think kids care who it is bringing them presents, as long as they keep getting them

That's a good point, which is where its a gamble with personality type. I enjoyed my childlike sense of wonder and ignorance very much, and am not at all saddened. For all my revelations, though, I naturally grew out of them as I learned and got older, no one shattered my dreams so I guess I got lucky :)

I simply celebrate my childhood falsities as trophies of the power of my imagination.

And stupidity.

I actually had a really great childhood, and those fairy tales definitely helped my bliss. I was an imaginative kid who didn't really have his dreams "shattered" exactly, I look back on my childhood fondly and I often have dreams of childhood memories. So maybe it's worth some disappointment to have that happiness to look back on, and maybe even aspired to. But there would be major problems if I expected to have that oblivious happiness again and never seemed able to get it.

Back