Tell me about Greece

Rambro

Veteran XV
Headed to santorini/Athens in June.

What are some must dos?

Are those areas overly "touristy" or will I be able to experience some authentic Greek culture. Whatever that is.

Is it really cheap to go there now? With the crashed economy and being overrun with immigrants and all.

Not sure about cheap. Cost me 2500 a person. Santorini is the island w great beaches so I'm assuming the don't let the economic situation fuck up their tourist money w riots and shit

In Greece you don't need to pay taxes on buildings that are under construction. It's a loophole that's exploited by people never finishing their homes and claiming they're still under construction. You'll see a lot of semi-finished homes with rebar poking out the top floors. It's a fucking eye sore.

Pour out a Mythos for your TW bros.

When you go to the restaurants - make sure you order a little side called "skordalia".
Here is a link so you get it straight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skordalia

Make sure you get some roasted lamb / chicken and you can dip bread etc in the skordalia. So good. Also - you are going to want to get some Yogurt - giaoúrti. If you can get it fresh it is so good. It gets an awesome skin on top which is the best. If you find the local producer - you can go and they will be happy to show you how it's made and give you samples / sell to you directly.

All the food is so good. Olives are amazing. Ouzo and octopus is awesome. Retsina is great. I like it ice cold.

Do yourself a favor and learn some basic greek words - it's an easy language to pick up. Have fun.

Last edited:
hung out there back in 2007 for 2 months.
mainly in Athens. Was not a huge fan of the place, drank too much ouzo and ate too many pitas. Islands are pretty though, rent a car cruise around bang chicks.

Thx brass tax good info. Heading there w my girl so unless she wants a threesome there won't be any local action :(

Back