Tekken Tag Tournament on MAME

Bear in mind also that the emulation of the Namco hardware that powers TTT is still a WIP...not perfected yet by any stretch.

Spiderman said:
id rather play on a ps2 controller.

Sure, if you wanna swear off tenstrings and about half of everybody's command list.

LP + LK and RP + RK are pretty easy on a PS2 pad, pretty much any other combination is hard as hell to press accurately with the thumb, and there aren't enough triggers to map all the damn button combos.

Somebody here better try it and see how it works, I'm not gonna waste my time hunting this thing down to get my ass kicked by you freaks unless I know that it's at least gonna play decently on my machine.

Once I get a report on whether its performance is crap or not, then I'll start begging for the ROM.

Calamari said:
On a related MAME note, has MvC 2 come out for it yet?

not to my knowledge. finalburn won't even play it. only MvsC 1.

also for everyone's info.

on my machine Tekken 2 plays well. no sound though. no gfx bugs from what I can see though.

Tekken 1 runs like shit. wierd being Tekken 2 runs better. thing is though it tries to jack up the resolution when it starts. other than that no gfx bugs. no sound either.

tekken 3. I don't have the whole romset so this shit won't even start. I am missing 2 zips.

tekken tag. I have the rom but you need the tekken 3 romset to run it. so no go. it'll start though.

anyone got the complete tekken 3 romset?

Last edited:
|vm| said:
so you can actually play tekken tag on your pc or am i wrong

if so, details plz.

you can. you need the whole romset for t3 and tt. but I can't get a clear answer from anyone on if the whole romset actually exists.

since roms are legal to own if u have the machine, is it safe to post the newsgroup where you can grabem?

if not, pm me.

I never got good at the Tekkens after 3, but play me in Soul Caliber 2 and see if you beat me. You my win 1 round, but once I figure you out and get aggressive, rofl, you'll get a hit or two maybe.

MaxxCarnage said:
I never got good at the Tekkens after 3, but play me in Soul Caliber 2 and see if you beat me. You my win 1 round, but once I figure you out and get aggressive, rofl, you'll get a hit or two maybe.

maxx.jpg

Back