[Tech] Telephones you CARRY in your pocket and connect to the Internet

Jim Beam

Veteran XV
So, I've been using an iPhone SE for almost 10 years. Originally 5s then the first SE. Then I kept destroying those trying to replace the battery, so I would replace with used SE phones from eBay.

Finally got a deal for the iPhone 13 mini - trade in an old phone for $579 value for a $699 phone.

I like the mini. I don't want a big phone. This phone is beautiful. Smart phones have destroyed humanity, but damn this is a nice phone.

There are apps for almost everything. And I can even talk on it!

This new phone has a very nice camera. There might be two. I took two pictures so far, and the quality is amazing. I might do a wedding next week.

You gonna carry a calculator around in your pocket, stupid? Better learn these multiplication tables.

I was able to use the google app to find johnny cash songs and PLAY them on the phone - just like a record player!

And it fits in my pocket because it is mini!

I miss the Dead Milkmen.

Big Lizard in My Backyard is probably the best, most subversive, maybe even conservative, alt rock album ever made.

I have figured out a way to connect my MP3 player to my phone. Now I can use the record function so I can have all of my favourite songs on it.

I can even set them as ringtones, but I'm not sure I will ever change away from my Simpsons theme tune

I have a super old iphone 5 SE. I don't want to upgrade but it's getting slow with every update.

I want to get out of the apple ecosystem and want a privacy minded phone that's small.

Back