tech problem :(

skizz

Veteran XX
ok so me and my bro bought all the new stuff to build a pc, so we put everything together load xp everything is running very nicely,we reboot comes up again nicely, so i shut down came home tried to boot again and nothing at all, wont even go into the POST no beeps no output on monitor or anything, ive checked all the connections on the board everything is secure, i then tried to boot from my old hd which had 98 on it but still same thing nothing at all any suggestions thanks

yay did you put the thermal paste on your processor?

sounds like yo brudda messed wif dat shiz..

use your clear cmos jumper and see ifn it'll post , then

If he messed it while trying to overclock or something (not too badly) that should let you boot back at default stuffs

fans run, cleared cmos still nothing, used thermol paste, we dont know wtf is going on weve built around 15 pc's for ppl and never had one problem but all the sudden i go and do something for myself and it all screws up

If it's not posting it can only be so many things:

CPU
Motherboard
BIOS
RAM (usually POSTs and give beeps)

Big Monkey said:
any lights? do fans spin up? PSU rating?

fans run, cleared cmos still nothing, used thermol paste, we dont know wtf is going on weve built around 15 pc's for ppl and never had one problem but all the sudden i go and do something for myself and it all screws up

Ahem.

Back