[Tech] Bluetooth TVs? or accessories?

Ire

Contributor
Veteran XV
I'm wondering why they dont have bluetooth TVs for controllers and for maybe cellphone calls over the TV

...some "all in one" have cable services have where when you get an incoming call it will popup the caller ID on the screen and what not..

This all struck me because they have to make a stupid IR adapter for the iPhone so it can be a remote control for your TV... why arent controllers bluetooth these days?

...and I think the new Tivo with the slider qwerty keyboard is the future of TV computing what-not (lets just hope they dont have a retarded patent on controller/keyboard combos)

I have RF remotes for my receiver and DVR and I agree, everything should be RF of some kind. I don't even touch remotes at friends houses. They always have 42 remotes and you never know where you have to point it. I have 2 remotes. One controls everything but the DVR and the other controls the DVR.

Death to IR.

bluetooth requires licensing, with RF pro'lly just extra cost

This. The chipset also costs a lot more than the practically free IR LED does, and frankly, while it's a nice low power connection, it still uses way more juice (on the remote side) than a IR LED does, which only uses juice when you push a button.

my phone has a remote app that works over the wireless network and can control any device in my house that my remote blasters are pointed at suck it

i could turn on the a/c from here and i'm like 90 mins from home

Back