Tablet PC vs Notebook?????

I would check out the Viaos that are out right now. I had a tablet pc, it's overrated and fragile. Besides, doctor handwriting isn't legible anyhoo ;)

Last edited:
this is my oh so humble opinion but i wouldnt spend any extra for a BR player on a laptop unless i was really spending and getting a burner.
BR is great... on a big screen where it can be appreciated, but on a small screen less impressive. dont get me wrong you can tell the difference but its not an oh shit difference like on a nice big screen.

if you already have a BR player on your nice big living room screen and youre buying shitloads of BR discs anyway then shut me up and do it.

I'll agree with the previous comments that tablets generally aren't for gaming since almost all of them have integrated graphics.

I just recently bought an Thinkpad X61 tablet, and absolutely love it. The SXGA+ screen I configured it with is one of the best going right now, and has both amazing viewing angles and excellent readability outside. It's also amazing tiny (especially since I was coming from a T42), and I can easily get 5 hours out of the battery with minimal tweaking. Plus it's a Thinkpad and is built like a tank...

Look into the HP tx2000

I have the tx1000, and the only real difference is they improved the tablet on the 2000.

I play hl2-based games easily on this. WoW and other games run very well. Vista runs like a dream on this machine. I'm very hard on everything I own, and this laptop has stood up to a large amount of abuse. It gets carried around to at least 5 different places a day, 5 days a week. I've had it for more than a year, and I have no regrets in purchasing it.

Some of my favorite features of this laptop:
1. If I'm using it and have to go somewhere, I can rotate the screen around and look at it while I walk. It's about as awkward as looking at the cover of a book while walking.
2. Passive touch screen means I can use my fingernail, pencil, or any other pokey part to click on links and select data
3. Removable optical drive can be replaced with a blank insert. This saves power and weight since I almost never use cds or dvds. When I need it, I can just pop it in.

Back