TA Thoughts...

Maverick

Contributor
Veteran XX
Just now played a few maps and wanted to voice some thoughts and see reactions etc...

Too much air control? Hanging hard left and right turns without jetpack just seems odd to me. Probably just a T1 thing for me to forget about.

It's funny in the pub servers, pretty easy to see who has Tribes history and not. Seeing people walking around still makes me giggle like the old days.

VIP status. Is it worth it? Special server access? I dunno.

TA does feel 'spacey' and 'slow', but it really isn't that slow. You can manage to get good speed(esp in light armor if you got it) if you know what youre doing. The disc launcher feels similar to Tribes, but the secondary weapons suck. Unless you unlock the new armors, you have a shitty pistol as a secondary, or a decent version of the grenade launcher. We need to get more T1 players to give TA a shot, it's a hit or miss game but I like the game. Add me so we could thrash, DaniAlves. I'll add DownwardDoggy to the buddy list ;D.

I'm not complaining about speed so much, just the control you have in the air w/out jet pack.

I ended up taking mavLT because I'm completely unoriginal, and read the warnings concerning risky names.

DP: Reply to which thread? I hate GD threads, and had some thoughts to voice. I know your not bitching at me for making a thread for something that is not an original thought....

TA does feel 'spacey' and 'slow', but it really isn't that slow. You can manage to get good speed(esp in light armor if you got it) if you know what youre doing. The disc launcher feels similar to Tribes, but the secondary weapons suck. Unless you unlock the new armors, you have a shitty pistol as a secondary, or a decent version of the grenade launcher. We need to get more T1 players to give TA a shot, it's a hit or miss game but I like the game. Add me so we could thrash, DaniAlves. I'll add DownwardDoggy to the buddy list ;D.

i knew danialves looked familiar, i am zepto.

i want to join a team but i don't really know the people that play competitively...mostly t2 players i think =(

Just now played a few maps and wanted to voice some thoughts and see reactions etc...

Too much air control? Hanging hard left and right turns without jetpack just seems odd to me. Probably just a T1 thing for me to forget about.

It's funny in the pub servers, pretty easy to see who has Tribes history and not. Seeing people walking around still makes me giggle like the old days.

IMO the 'air control' is one of the areas in which they can most improve. Currently I feel there is too much inertia, and that it is too difficult to slow down or change direction in a decently fast ski.

sadly enough enough since T:V im pretty sure all future tribes games (if TA dont fail and there ever is another) will most likely have this no jett mid air movement

For me it was the skiing that made T:A an instant "no" for me.

The skiing/movement in T1 was orgasmic, no need to change it for any reason.

Then seeing the OOB cube/wall/grid was just the nail in the coffin.

Tribes should be built correctly, or it's not worth my time.

T:A just isn't even 15% of the fun T1 is currently for me.

HiReZ's goal is to get rich and make money. They don't care about Tribes or Tribes vets and they don't even know what Tribes is.

Even if they gave two shits, they still wouldn't know how to build it.

This has been like watching a group of mentally challenged high school drop outs designing and engineering a 40 story building.

Tribes vets are Jonesing so hard for their Tribes fix that they are currently shoveling liquid shit into their mouths with a spoon with a smile.

T1 vets playing T:A are like coke-heads snorting dandruff off of people's shoulders.

In my honest opinion, every living Tribes fan from all corners of the world should be boycotting this game in protest to let the world know that we won't accept shit on a stick anymore.

I long ago gave up on getting T1 w/better graphics. T2 was much more popular than T1. It makes sense from a developer stance to lean that way. Sucks but...

true... true...

It has been a long time...

And you're right, Pop stuff always sells the best...

If T:A is fun for people, I think it's great that they play and enjoy.

I just think it's sad that nobody cares about creating a quality product anymore. Stuff used to be hand-made. Now it's all about creating money making machines that extract the life essence out of the sheep.

When I was a young lad, I remember playing hardcore games where death was meaningful. Dragon's would eat your face and you would lose all your items and have to start over. You could kill people and take all their cash, or take all their cash before killing them. And if you really wanted to, you could even permanently destroy someone, forcing them out of the game completely.

Nowadays, you die, *fart*, and *blink* and it's like nothing happened. Games have no depth anymore.

It's all about the "casual" gamer...

Last edited:
Tribes fan from all corners of the world should be boycotting this game in protest to let the world know that we won't accept shit on a stick anymore.

I don't see how that's productive at all.

Sometimes I feel like the real problem is that none of you nostalgia fags actually want T1 with better graphics. What you want is a time machine that will take you back to 1998 so you can discover tribes for the first time again.

You criticize Hi-rez's focus on monetization over pleasing a community that's had a history being a developer's bane. Are you really blaming a business for trying to turn a profit? The problem isn't even Hi-rez. Every iteration of tribes has been a departure from it's progenitor in some ways, expecting any different is pretty much insanity at this point.

Last edited:
I just don't get y hirez doesn't do the charitable thing and give an asperg retard like tpk his one wish

Also I wuld settle for t1 with better graphics

Ta is pretty close but the skiing I'd crap

I agree with pumpkin..

What's with the "gliding" in T:A instead of skiing?

Simple as this...
Tribes = jumping up and down at high speed = skiing over the terrain. You didn't need no complex bullshit.
In 1998 tribes I'd beat the shit out of my keyboard because there was no scripts yet. it worked fine right?

And the oob cube grid wall thing? its like a tiny fishbowl.
I just remember discovering routes in tribes and enjoying the wide open space and complex terrain. Also the maps? It's like a piece of flat plywood with piles of sand randomly spaced around. You notice each tribes that comes out have smaller and smaller terrain? No more detailed and complex as they were in tribes one...

I swear to go I'm going to have a heart attack stressing about all this. I'm not proof reading my post.
Gnite

Back