[T3] How to make a sound pack

=Stigmartyr=

Veteran X
:redx: I've been searching these forums and google to no avail.

Is there anyone out there who knows what thread or site I can find a guide to building custom sound packs for TRIBES VENGEANCE?

Thx.

:hungry:

=Stigmartyr= said:
:redx: I've been searching these forums and google to no avail.

Is there anyone out there who knows what thread or site I can find a guide to building custom sound packs for TRIBES VENGEANCE?

Thx.

:hungry:

I did a lot of work to a fruitless end.
Here is the problem:

When you as a user activate a sound "Hi!" and say you are Jericho voice,
the engine reads, "DYN_SOME_SOUND_NAME1" and sends to other players
in the server, playback, "DYN_SOME_SOUND_NAME1" from within the Jericho directory. Julia, blood eagle one, they all have a file named "DYN_SOME_SOUND_NAME1".

that is the only way that T:V currently allows for client-side sound playback.
I found the code that sends off the sound, and tried to make it say,
"If you find a sound named 5150_*" (i was quietly working on a 5150 sound port, i did like 97% of the work already) , use the 5150 directory and play those sounds instead.

It wouldn't work. The T:V engine would give me access to the variables that I needed to modify in order to play that custom directory.

This means that if you wanted to do it in the current way, you'd have to have <total_number_of_voices> copies of the same exact file in order to have a soundpack. that means GIGS of sound data.

you can do it easily that way, just name your file and copy it into all the directories under content/system/localisation/ i think. and then in quickchatini you just use the name of your file minus the extension, (which i think must be .ogg convert from wav.)

i'm waiting on a patch before i keep trying to fix it.
i have some ideas, but essentially their is no easy way to make one right now.

post-patch i'll do some investigating. part of what i was working on was a "easy soundpack maker" script that would read in a list of sound files and make the soundpack text chat script crap for you. we'll see what happens after the patch is released.

Back