[T2 Question] Chathud

Da_Timsta

Veteran X
Do anyone know what object extents and positions i need to change to move around and resize the chathud? I've tried messing around with chathud and outerchathud, but I can't seem to find a pattern :/

that seemed to do the trick, thanks man. But another problem came up when i tried to move it around - it seems as if it can only be moved around in a certain area in the top left of the screen. Anybody know why, and if it is tough to fix?

i think the container for the outer chat hud is only defined as 640x480 with its left corner at the top left of the screen, regardless of resolution.

ChatHud or MainChatHud, something like that.

hmm i looked it up in the gui editor, and it looks somit like

-MainChatHud
--noname GuiNoMouseCtrl
---OuterChatHud

etc.

The MainChatHud container seems to resize according to your resolution when the playgui is created. The GuiNoMouseCtrl, on the other hand, doesnt. And it seems to be the one causing the problem. I tried chaning it via the editor, and it did the trick - but the second i try to resize outerchathud it changes back making the chathud disappeer.

This is more complex than i thought :/

Look in uberChat, Tim. There's a lot of code in there to deal with this. Worse, it still has bugs. :) I still lose the votebar sometimes.

UberGuy (FT) said:
Look in uberChat, Tim. There's a lot of code in there to deal with this. Worse, it still has bugs. :) I still lose the votebar sometimes.

sometimes? for me it happens all the time ;x

Last edited:
UberGuy (FT) said:

phew, I dont feel like an idiot now :)

Thanks, I'll have a look

Back