[T2] Midair video thoughts

red_hex

Veteran X
http://files.filefront.com/Mid_Air_101wmv/;4725464;;/fileinfo.html

Recent mid-air shot compilation. I couldn't make any of those ever, especially with my ping. Being old schoolers, I'd just be interested to know how many here would feel confident of being able to make shots like these? Especially those grenade/mortar ones. One of the guys featured in there has even asked for a script to remove his reticles entirely, except for sniper rifle - says he uses the angle of the gun, and rets just get in the way. Unbelievable.

One thing made me chuckle though - all those midairs and there's a point where he misses an easy snipe in front of him.

Yes, very good, but did you watch the video? These aren't short range duels. One shot takes out a flag runner about to cap, with a spinfusor, in midair, from 400-odd metres away. That aint no fat chick.

You haven't played tribes long enough, those shots happen, shit if I made a collection of all the retarded shots I made in T1 the video would be long and you would be bored before it was over.

skip said:
depends on if you say MA or MidAir ;\
I don't agree. Here is my opinion. (Keep in mind that the pronunciation of an initialism determines whether "a" or "an" is used.)

If the text is "MA" then it should be pronounced "em aye" regardless of who's reading. If it was intended to be pronounced "mid-air" then that is what should have be written.

Another example like this, often found on Usenet, is "NG", standing for "newsgroup". When I see this initialism I immediately think "newsgroup", but I would never write "a NG" since that would amount to "aye en gee", which is wrong. If I was intent on using "a" then I'd have to write "a newsgroup" instead.

Last edited:
well, i guess it begs the question, do you think MA is an abbreviation or acronym. i view an acronym as something like UNDP, not just taking a word and making it 2 letters, which is more of an abbreviation to me.

Back