[T1 release] - Tools to export terrain

KineticPoet

Veteran X
I'm not sure how useful these will be to anyone. I created them so we could compare and contrast T1 and T2 terrains within the Tribes: Vengeance engine. You could in theory use these tools to create exact replicas of T1 terrains in T2, or to experiment with using T1 terrains in UnrealEd, or eventually to recreate T1 maps in T:V.

It's an .exe and a .cs file. All source code is provided (the .exe is to convert the text dump to a binary dump). Instructions are provided. It's a very hacked solution, but it works...try it at your own risk. You need Photoshop or Leveller or some other program capable of interpreting raw data as images.
http://www.tribalwar.com/rdb/index.php?fileid=1144

Thanks to Mark Frohnmayer for the ray-casting idea. Message me in IRC if you have questions, but otherwise I won't be supporting this,
KP

Nice, thanks Mike!

edit: Why the hell would you want to play any game not using the T1 engine? :p

Last edited:
sweet. Thanks. Does this mean I can create exact replicas of the terrain, in say, Broadside, and export them to UT2003? (im an idiot when it comes to modding/mapping stuff for games)

Roundhouse321 said:
sweet. Thanks. Does this mean I can create exact replicas of the terrain, in say, Broadside, and export them to UT2003? (im an idiot when it comes to modding/mapping stuff for games)

Yes, it would work.

Roundhouse321 said:
yep, that's what it's for. Shame i don't think you can get them back into tribes. ( haxorz unite >:) )

Back